hemanthaa@mail.com

Is Europe heading for winter of discontent with extensive gas shortages?

Recommended Posts

On 8/23/2022 at 8:12 AM, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Some of your commentary is not wrong. It is however, very short sighted. Nothing like high energy prices to make people invest in conserving energy such as better insulation on houses etc, more fuel efficient cars. Throughout history crisiss has propelled innovation and change. Why should this one be any different? And what is the longterm perspective for Russia is their gas becomes less relevant?

UK approves new nuclear propulsion regulations - Splash247

just one example. 

Lets be clear - high gas prices hurt in the short term, but necessity is the mother of innovation

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2022 at 9:10 PM, Tomasz said:

What can I Say. Congratulations. I dont know who should I thanks more

USA imposing sanctions against Russia to last European

or famous WEF. You know the legendary one mem - You will own nothing and be happy

Sorry but this is epic

 

 

UK approves new nuclear propulsion regulations - Splash247

Lets be clear - high gas prices hurt in the short term, but necessity is the mother of innovation

@Tomasz - you should move to Russia. I am sure they would welcome a fan as big as you. 

From this Europeans perspective the World needs a strong EU to keep the US in check and the world also needs a united West to say NO to China. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I have many Nigerian, Angolan and Ghanian friends as I do business there. That is not what they say. 

Do you know any African you can ask? 

In the first approximation, only people on Quora. They are largely in favor of the Chinese activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

From this Europeans perspective the World needs a strong EU to keep the US in check and the world also needs a united West to say NO to China. 

The EU has demonstrated itself to be a complete and utter failure at "keeping the US in check"  Moreover, the unelected morons in Brussels seemingly work for Uncle Sam rather than Europe. Keeping the US in check is really what Russia is there for. What Europeans just did is picking the wrong side.

Why and where exactly does this "united West" need to say NO to China? Like always a NO? Wouldn't you want to hear their question first? (Rhetorical question again, I suppose. There is no united West. Europe just sacrificed itself in the interest of preservation of Uncle Sam's hide)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

In the first approximation, only people on Quora. They are largely in favor of the Chinese activities.

so everything on the internet is true? As opposed to first hand exeperience and knowledge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

The EU has demonstrated itself to be a complete and utter failure at "keeping the US in check"  Moreover, the unelected morons in Brussels seemingly work for Uncle Sam rather than Europe. Keeping the US in check is really what Russia is there for. What Europeans just did is picking the wrong side.

lets agree to disagree. 

9 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Why and where exactly does this "united West" need to say NO to China? Like always a NO? Wouldn't you want to hear their question first? (Rhetorical question again, I suppose. There is no united West. Europe just sacrificed itself in the interest of preservation of Uncle Sam's hide)

If you had ever done business with a Chinese entity you would understand. 

I agree that the West isn't united as per now, but despite living in Austria you seem to be missing what is happening. Pls don't mistake short-term for longterm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

The Chinese treat the African countries very well. Ask somebody African.

I have and they dont

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

In the first approximation, only people on Quora. They are largely in favor of the Chinese activities.

Those in favour of Chinese involvement in their country are very short sighted.

China will eventually dominate all aspects of each and every African nation through its power and influence through trade.

This will also affect each country politically and IMO is a stealth way of empire building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

4 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Those in favour of Chinese involvement in their country are very short sighted.

China will eventually dominate all aspects of each and every African nation through its power and influence through trade.

This will also affect each country politically and IMO is a stealth way of empire building.

Which is still more benign than US, which also does non-stealth :) Well, having said that, I don't see the Chinese spawning a legion of "NGOs", which proceed to hijack countries' political and media agendas. All the levers of Chinese influence appear to be purely economic, which is not very stealth.

You don't mind the Yankees controlling everything in your country? Which they invariably do.

Edited by Andrei Moutchkine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

lets agree to disagree. 

If you had ever done business with a Chinese entity you would understand. 

I agree that the West isn't united as per now, but despite living in Austria you seem to be missing what is happening. Pls don't mistake short-term for longterm.

Does buying from AliExpress count? :)

Local Austrians are brainwashed tools of American imperial agenda, same as everyone in EU. But, they still try to maintain some amount of professed neutrality. I only got thrown out from all the local forums. Were I in Germany, I'd probably be in jail already. (Not to speak of the Nazi rampage going on in the Baltics)

Longterm and shorterm interest of Western Europe is the same - Eurasian integration. The only party who is against this is US, and possibly sometimes the UK. This means doing a lot of business with both the Russians and the Chinese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

so everything on the internet is true? As opposed to first hand exeperience and knowledge. 

No, but Quora is at least interactive. This is guy is developing into a real friend of mine in Africa

https://www.quora.com/profile/Boris-Ezomo

He's half-Russian, half-Nigerian and is a medical doctor in Nigeria now.

Dissing the West and praising China goes approximately here

https://wakeupafrica.quora.com/

I am currently in a ban for two weeks there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2022 at 5:33 PM, Tomasz said:

Its very simple. It could have been maybe just enough to prevent this war - maybe

But unfortunately its not enough if you know history and russian greavances

NATO Expansion: What Gorbachev Heard | National Security Archive (gwu.edu)

Why this is so important. Because as far as I know Putin mentions not one inch eastward EVERY SINGLE TIME AS FAR AS REMEMBER

And this is it- total lack of trust.

You ever asked yourself why following the collapse of the Soviet Union Eastern European states (inc the Baltics) were banging on the door of NATO pleading to be let in? Likewise some of their motivation to join the EU was to distance themselves from Russia and anchor onto the economic power of that bloc. 

There was no conspiracy to get them to join - they were pleading to be let in. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

UK approves new nuclear propulsion regulations - Splash247

Lets be clear - high gas prices hurt in the short term, but necessity is the mother of innovation

@Tomasz - you should move to Russia. I am sure they would welcome a fan as big as you

From this Europeans perspective the World needs a strong EU to keep the US in check and the world also needs a united West to say NO to China. 

Don't be silly

 

Russophiles.jpg

  • Haha 5
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2022 at 7:12 AM, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

The west will cope. 

You seem to be living in this illusion that this shortterm pain is perpetual. Yes, gas prices hurt. But have you noticed how this is changing EUs views on Nuclear? 

Some of your commentary is not wrong. It is however, very short sighted. Nothing like high energy prices to make people invest in conserving energy such as better insulation on houses etc, more fuel efficient cars. Throughout history crisiss has propelled innovation and change. Why should this one be any different? And what is the longterm perspective for Russia is their gas becomes less relevant? 

Quite. Everyone I know is doing various stuff to reduce consumption efficiently.  

At my house we are putting up another 2.7KW of solar. The boiler circ temp going from 63 to 58. Next spring 4 new triple glazed windows and 70mm external cladding

Loads of people putting in solar, more loft insulation, doing the boiler circ trick, cranking down room temps - most houses in Europe far too warm. 

It will have a major long term effect on consumption. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, NickW said:

You ever asked yourself why following the collapse of the Soviet Union Eastern European states (inc the Baltics) were banging on the door of NATO pleading to be let in? Likewise some of their motivation to join the EU was to distance themselves from Russia and anchor onto the economic power of that bloc. 

There was no conspiracy to get them to join - they were pleading to be let in. 

Yes, there is a conspiracy, too. All the Eastern European elites potentially loyal to their previous administrations were purged and replaced by Western shills. See

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lustration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Yes, there is a conspiracy, too. All the Eastern European elites potentially loyal to their previous administrations were purged and replaced by Western shills. See

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lustration

Commies? 

All the Poles. Romanian's, Czechs, Estonians, & Slovaks I personally know have one set of  things in common 

They hate the Soviet Union / Communism

They don't trust and are frightened of Russia

They see their futures aligned with western nations and its institutions namely the EU and NATO. 

 

.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NickW said:

Commies? 

All the Poles. Romanian's, Czechs, Estonians, & Slovaks I personally know have one set of  things in common 

They hate the Soviet Union / Communism

They don't trust and are frightened of Russia

They see their futures aligned with western nations and its institutions namely the EU and NATO.

Congratulations on having such obedient new puppets. I was wrong about the Romanians, BTW. In their case, the previous leadership was summarily executed. Such a great start on the path of discovery of the Western values.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Congratulations on having such obedient new puppets. I was wrong about the Romanians, BTW. In their case, the previous leadership was summarily executed. Such a great start on the path of discovery of the Western values.

Given the record the Ceaușescu's have I won't shed any tears for their demise at the hands of their own people. 

Executing a mass murderer is hardly the same as butchering civillians on the streets of Bucha (and other locations). 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NickW said:

Given the record the Ceaușescu's have I won't shed any tears for their demise at the hands of their own people. 

Executing a mass murderer is hardly the same as butchering civillians on the streets of Bucha (and other locations). 

What record? You are now free to invent anything, after not giving the man even a resemblance of due process in one of your kangaroo courts. Heck, can't even execute a man properly. Look up his last words. I don't think anybody ever accused him of mass murder, though. Who did he murder?

The only open question about Bucha is whether the Ukrainians staged it themselves, or had any help from the British intelligence. The style is certainly very similar - complete disregard for forensics, don't like to work too hard and venture too far away from the capital. What "other locations"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

What record? You are now free to invent anything, after not giving the man even a resemblance of due process in one of your kangaroo courts. Heck, can't even execute a man properly. Look up his last words. I don't think anybody ever accused him of mass murder, though. Who did he murder?

The only open question about Bucha is whether the Ukrainians staged it themselves, or had any help from the British intelligence. The style is certainly very similar - complete disregard for forensics, don't like to work too hard and venture too far away from the capital. What "other locations"?

My kangaroo courts? I'm British. Cescescu was shot by his own army. 

Not directly by his hand but by the works of the securitate. 

Anyway I will call it a day there as your alternate reality world about the glories of the Soviet Union  is somewhat tedious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, NickW said:

My kangaroo courts? I'm British. Cescescu was shot by his own army. 

Not directly by his hand but by the works of the securitate. 

Anyway I will call it a day there as your alternate reality world about the glories of the Soviet Union  is somewhat tedious. 

British courts are obviously kangaroo. Romania apparently hasn't got any. Cescescu was likely dispatched by those who thought he knew too much. Which did them no good, because you got your mitts on Securitate archives. The only ones who ran a tight shop were the East Germans. Their Stasi records you haven't got.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

British courts are obviously kangaroo. Romania apparently hasn't got any. Cescescu was likely dispatched by those who thought he knew too much. Which did them no good, because you got your mitts on Securitate archives. The only ones who ran a tight shop were the East Germans. Their Stasi records you haven't got.

 

milfy's lounge.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NickW said:

 

milfy's lounge.gif

Sorry buddy, you exposed yourself as a criminal state to me about the time when you stole the Venezuelan gold. Theft is a crime. Don't do it. Your kangaroo courts will not cover for you. You will have to pay for what you stole from the rest of the world in the last few hundred years, and with interest. Just look at the British Museum. It is a stash full of other countries national treasures. British = criminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Sorry buddy, you exposed yourself as a criminal state to me about the time when you stole the Venezuelan gold. Theft is a crime. Don't do it. Your kangaroo courts will not cover for you. You will have to pay for what you stole from the rest of the world in the last few hundred years, and with interest. Just look at the British Museum. It is a stash full of other countries national treasures. British = criminal.

 

milfy's lounge.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Biden Administration is urging American refiners to limit their fuel exports amid multi-year low domestic inventory levels, according to a letter U.S. Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm sent to seven big refiners obtained by The Wall Street Journal."

In other words, the Biden Administration is telling Europe to go screw themselves.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.