Marina Schwarz

Sempra Forced by California to Invest in Cow Dung

"Almost a quarter of the money will go to fund a program to capture methane from dairy farms that can be processed into something called renewable natural gas."

Hmmmmmm...

cow-fart2.jpg

cow-fart.jpg

• Like 1

Is there an APP for that?

That 2nd cow shows promise.  I'm going to pursue a grant to work with NASA with the goal of strapping cows to airplanes.  Think of all the issues that one innovation could solve.

(edited)

image.png.6a0bbd1da0d3e1a7f12f7c66283b03b2.png

Ok, I'll stop now.  He-he.

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Sempra Has to Turn to Cow Dung to Make Up for California Gas Leak

Best headline I've seen today. As part of a settlement for a gas leak, Sempra will invest in methane capture and renewable natural gas conversion.

Marina, I'm sure you realized this thread will become the butt of many cow fart jokes.  2 thumbs up.  (I grew up on a dairy farm...)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

image.png.6a0bbd1da0d3e1a7f12f7c66283b03b2.png

Ok, I'll stop now.  He-he.

Please continue : )

2 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Marina, I'm sure you realized this thread will become the butt of many cow fart jokes.  2 thumbs up.  (I grew up on a dairy farm...)

Look at her avatar.  Of course she did.  Ha-ha!

image.png.414ed7626fd32600833298bcc0a11e31.png

• Like 1

One more, then.

image.png.93767e98d4ba75c80f29e1198dc0f730.png

• Like 1

Not The Onion... article from 2016, photo is real...

Collecting Cow Farts

Here in California, our dairy cows continue to fail our strict emissions tests, so the legislature is doing something about it.

No, unfortunately this latest episode of AGW insanity is not a joke. AP is reporting:

SACRAMENTO (AP) — California’s Legislature has approved regulations on cow flatulence and manure – both blamed for releasing greenhouse gases.

The measure was approved shortly before the end of the legislative session Wednesday after its author, Democratic Senator Ricardo Lara of Bell Gardens, agreed to give dairy farms more time to comply.

The legislation seeks to reduce methane emissions associated with manure to 40 percent below their 2013 levels by 2030. Methane is one of several gases known as short-lived climate pollutants that don’t persist for long in the atmosphere but have a huge influence on the climate.

The bill also calls for efforts to significantly increase composting to eliminate the amount of food waste in landfills, which releases methane when it breaks down.

Fortunately, Argentina is similarly cursed with a high population of gassy cows, so they have developed the INTA system to capture cow farts in a lightweight inflatable backpack, which can then be harvested while the cows are being milked. Personally, I think every climate scientist and gasbag politician promoting the AGW hypothesis, ought to be made to wear one too. 

cow_fart_collector.jpg

INTA system:

http://intainforma.inta.gov.ar/?p=19084

thumb.jpeg.8a00ee5aa4ed2b9704435bc8375b2c5d.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Look at her avatar.  Of course she did.  Ha-ha!

image.png.414ed7626fd32600833298bcc0a11e31.png

I knew I should have kept some mystery! Alas, I'm not the mysterious type. 

Okay, now I feel bad for cows. Really bad.

"Fortunately, Argentina is similarly cursed with a high population of gassy cows" 

A fortunate curse, certainly. Delicious.

• Like 1