Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

The Russian sources say that the thing is no longer operational and their Prirazlomnaya be the one and only platform operating in the Arctic ice now.

Which sources? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Because they are not really ships and are not at a liberty to move more than a few meters away?

hull integrity in ice has nothing to do with being able to move. 

Have you considered what thinck ice would do to a mooring system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Alas, the platform seems to be operational, but in a very low-key way and with the original team gone.

It is an FPSO. Not a platform

Operated by vår energi, which was a merger of ENI norway and hitec visions production activities in Norway. 

Anyways, this will be my last response to you. you are a waste of time. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

It is an FPSO. Not a platform

Operated by vår energi, which was a merger of ENI norway and hitec visions production activities in Norway. 

Anyways, this will be my last response to you. you are a waste of time. 

I quote from their page

Technologies

Production and injection rely on a subsea system comprising 22 wells connected to the structure via a system of underwater cables.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is that different from a platform? Just FPSO is usually a decommissioned tanker.

Prirazlomnaya got like 23 wells. There is obviously some kind of standard attachment which allows up to 32.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

hull integrity in ice has nothing to do with being able to move. 

Have you considered what thinck ice would do to a mooring system

The rigs are as good as moored by the well lines.

The Deepwater Horizon got yanked so hard, the giant knife that was supposed to cut the mainline in emergency, failed to engage. They sent a deepwater robot submersible to try to push the big red button next to it, which looked pathetic.

This device

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowout_preventer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 8/11/2022 at 1:32 PM, KeyboardWarrior said:

Deliberately spreading information that you know to be false. 

 

https://apnews.com/article/business-environment-united-states-georgia-atlanta-7555f8d73c46f0e5513c15d391409aa3

 

 

'consumed fuel rods from nuclear plants are radioactive waste. Most fuel rods are stored at the same site as the reactor that consumed them. This has given rise to hundreds of radioactive waste sites in many countries that must be maintained and funded for at least 200,000 years, far beyond the lifetimes of any nuclear power plant.'

https://www.oneearth.org/the-7-reasons-why-nuclear-energy-is-not-the-answer-to-solve-climate-change/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjvaYBhDlARIsAO8PkE2qVTBo_yZsyW7MyZjwAmy5BAywoEchHAdVSs38B7f5Ft2m3SohzdkaAggqEALw_wcB

 

Edited by lexington green
  • Rolling Eye 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, lexington green said:

 

https://apnews.com/article/business-environment-united-states-georgia-atlanta-7555f8d73c46f0e5513c15d391409aa3

 

 

'consumed fuel rods from nuclear plants are radioactive waste. Most fuel rods are stored at the same site as the reactor that consumed them. This has given rise to hundreds of radioactive waste sites in many countries that must be maintained and funded for at least 200,000 years, far beyond the lifetimes of any nuclear power plant.'

https://www.oneearth.org/the-7-reasons-why-nuclear-energy-is-not-the-answer-to-solve-climate-change/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjvaYBhDlARIsAO8PkE2qVTBo_yZsyW7MyZjwAmy5BAywoEchHAdVSs38B7f5Ft2m3SohzdkaAggqEALw_wcB

 

And we reprocess that waste which eats nearly all.  That using ancient garbage nuclear reactors.  Not breeder reactors which literally eat 95% of said "waste" leaving only short term products.  All that before we talk Thorium breeder reactors eating even more leaving even lower length products. 

If you were honest, you would be putting up $$$ to produce a breeder reactor to eat said "nuclear waste" if you were actually "environmentally conscious"

  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2022 at 7:34 AM, lexington green said:

 

https://apnews.com/article/business-environment-united-states-georgia-atlanta-7555f8d73c46f0e5513c15d391409aa3

 

 

'consumed fuel rods from nuclear plants are radioactive waste. Most fuel rods are stored at the same site as the reactor that consumed them. This has given rise to hundreds of radioactive waste sites in many countries that must be maintained and funded for at least 200,000 years, far beyond the lifetimes of any nuclear power plant.'

https://www.oneearth.org/the-7-reasons-why-nuclear-energy-is-not-the-answer-to-solve-climate-change/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjvaYBhDlARIsAO8PkE2qVTBo_yZsyW7MyZjwAmy5BAywoEchHAdVSs38B7f5Ft2m3SohzdkaAggqEALw_wcB

 

Is that really what happens in the US???

In the UK we have 12 nuclear power station sites that are either decomissioned already or in the process of being decomissioned. The nuclear waste sludge (high, medium and low level) is collected and stored into flasks, these flasks can withstand a 100MPH train crash, they are then transported to Sellafield https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/sellafield-ltd who then reprocess the sludge and store the flasks safely. Wylfa site now has zero low, medium or high level waste whatsoever and the site can be re-used for a new nuclear facility.

Sellafield also take in nuclear waste from around the world

Sellafield received spent nuclear fuel from around the world to be reprocessed at its Thorp plant, generating £9 billion in revenue for the UK. Waste created during the process remains the property of overseas customers who are contractually obliged to take it back.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/all-foreign-owned-waste-at-sellafield-packaged-and-set-for-return#:~:text=Sellafield received spent nuclear fuel,obliged to take it back.

Maybe give Sellafield a call if you dont know what to do with yours!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2022 at 8:06 PM, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Do check out what it takes to liquify hydrogen, oh mighty high IQ Putin opponent? If you meant CNG instead, note that hydrogen under pressure creeps into metals and makes them brittle, and is outright incompatible with any copper-based alloys.

Andrei, when I lived in Sydney 25 years ago, the one-inch galvanised steel piping that carried natural gas up our street reached the end of its useful life. But it was not actually replaced entirely. Rather, small sections were dug out and 3/4 polyethylene pipe was fed through the steel pipe, which was still in good enough condition to provide protection to the inner plastic piping. Perfectly acceptable for 20% Hydrogen, even 100% in the future. You are correct that it is insane to burn Hydrogen when you can use it in a fuel cell to produce electricity and heat. Have you ever heard of an Australian company call BlueGen? It emerged about a decade ago and produced home power stations but the units cost $40,000 each and the fuel cells needed replacement every 5 years. That is an extra $5000 every five years. The units were 80% efficient if you used the excess heat for heating your water. They sold a few in Europe and Japan but I have heard nothing since then. They ran on natural gas and basically pioneered fuel-cell technology. Australia's CSIRO (Commonwealth Science and Industry Research Organisation), also pioneered the invention of membrane conversion of hydrogen to ammonia https://arena.gov.au/projects/hydrogen-to-ammonia/ whilst the Japanese and South Koreans have perfected the storage technology for hydrogen. Whichever way you cut it, Putin made an enormous mistake invading the Ukraine. He has destroyed Russia's future and the longer you keep him in power, the worse will be your fate. Do you know why the Chinese refuse to sign a sales agreement for Russian gas via the Power of Siberia? It is because they know that they will be able to force down the price even further in 6 months time. Russia is rapidly becoming a larger version of North Korea. Just a poor, pathetic vassal of China, a country which itself is on the verge of collapse. You cannot blame the West for your demise. You need to take a good hard look in the mirror.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2022 at 12:52 AM, Andrei Moutchkine said:

The Russian equivalent is shipping. Any reactor out of a Russian nuclear submarine or icebreaker will do with very little modification. It is only difficult in the West, because your marine reactors normally run on bomb-grade level of enrichment.

Yes Andrei, that is why it is such a shame that Putin is leading your country to complete isolation and destruction. Such a waste. Just as Russia appeared to be joining the human race, your dear leader sends you back to your caves.

  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2022 at 1:49 PM, Andrei Moutchkine said:

You may not use plutonium, but you may use MOX to breed. Or at least Russia and USA may, as a part of some disarmament deal to reduce the stockpiles of weapons-grade Pu. In practical terms, only Russia has a working MOX-burner setup. The US decided to call it nuclear waste to bury instead. You forgot to mention that this stuff makes for an essentially closed nuclear cycle where the "depleted" U238 gets "undepleted" into fissionable U235. No nuclear waste, or at least way less.

China is not a dictatorship. It is fascist all right, but so are the Japanese and Koreans too. I think fascism is natural to all Far Easterners.

 

 

So you admit that Russia needs a new name? How about "West Korea"?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 9/20/2022 at 6:35 AM, Wombat One said:

So you admit that Russia needs a new name? How about "West Korea"?

This may escalate into a nuclear war between America, the West and Russia.  The Ukraine conflict doesn't involve you guys down under, so why do you need to poke your nose into it?  Since you are in a safe corner down south, far away from the conflict zone, why don't you just keep a low profile?  

Edited by Hotone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hotone said:

This may escalate into a nuclear war between America, the West and Russia.  The Ukraine conflict doesn't involve you guys down under, so why do you need to poke your nose into it?  Since you are in a safe corner down south, far away from the conflict zone, why don't you just keep a low profile?  

The South China Sea is a potential conflict zone. Australia needs the US and the coalition of Japan, Tawain, Viet Nam etc. They are called allies. England, Canada, Australia, Britain and the US have been tied at the hip in international politics for decades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Boat said:

The South China Sea is a potential conflict zone. Australia needs the US and the coalition of Japan, Tawain, Viet Nam etc. They are called allies. England, Canada, Australia, Britain and the US have been tied at the hip in international politics for decades. 

Oh, Ok.  That's acting against China but not Russia.  I was referring to this:

https://youtu.be/vWHduohxc9M 

I think the only way that Russia can win its war against the collective West is to use nuclear and biological weapons.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hotone said:

Oh, Ok.  That's acting against China but not Russia.  I was referring to this:

https://youtu.be/vWHduohxc9M 

I think the only way that Russia can win its war against the collective West is to use nuclear and biological weapons.

 

 

 

If you call the earth dead a win. It’s a win. But no Russian would survive the win.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2022 at 5:44 PM, Hotone said:

This may escalate into a nuclear war between America, the West and Russia.  The Ukraine conflict doesn't involve you guys down under, so why do you need to poke your nose into it?  Since you are in a safe corner down south, far away from the conflict zone, why don't you just keep a low profile?  

Shut up you stupid Malaysian faggot. Pine Gap is the first target of Chinese nukes. Pine Gap a target as Ukraine invasion raises nuclear war risk, Australian defence expert warns (msn.com)

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Wombat One said:

Shut up you stupid Malaysian faggot. Pine Gap is the first target of Chinese nukes. Pine Gap a target as Ukraine invasion raises nuclear war risk, Australian defence expert warns (msn.com)

Hey you!  Mind your language and stay civil or else you will be kicked out of this forum again!  You should appreciate my kind advice for you to stay out of harm's way.  I don't wish you or Oz to be nuked.  I used to live in Cremone and Dee Why in North Sydney, and I have fond memories of the place.  I also have close relatives living in Australia. 

Your are partially right.  The Chinese should take out Pine Gap.  However, I don't think they will use their nukes.  Unlike America and Russia which have thousands of warheads, China only possess a few hundred.  China should reserve their nukes for high density targets.  From your photos, the Pine Gap spy farm, seems such a small place that a few hypersonic missiles with conventional bombs should be able to destroy it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hotone said:

Hey you!  Mind your language and stay civil or else you will be kicked out of this forum again!  You should appreciate my kind advice for you to stay out of harm's way.  I don't wish you or Oz to be nuked.  I used to live in Cremone and Dee Why in North Sydney, and I have fond memories of the place.  I also have close relatives living in Australia. 

Your are partially right.  The Chinese should take out Pine Gap.  However, I don't think they will use their nukes.  Unlike America and Russia which have thousands of warheads, China only possess a few hundred.  China should reserve their nukes for high density targets.  From your photos, the Pine Gap spy farm, seems such a small place that a few hypersonic missiles with conventional bombs should be able to destroy it.

 

It sounds as though my govt needs to send your relatives back to Malaysia. Do they share your view that Pine Gap should be bombed? If so, that is treason of the highest order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hotone said:

You should appreciate my kind advice for you to stay out of harm's way. 

Is that a threat? Maybe you are the one who needs to be booted from this site? There is nothing civil about advocating for a nuclear war. Australian troops were instrumental in saving Malaysia during WW2, and you would like to thank them by sending Chinese and perhaps North Korean nukes to "high-density" targets? Go suck Putin's nuts. If he has any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Wombat One said:

It sounds as though my govt needs to send your relatives back to Malaysia. Do they share your view that Pine Gap should be bombed? If so, that is treason of the highest order. 

 

10 minutes ago, Wombat One said:

Is that a threat? Maybe you are the one who needs to be booted from this site? There is nothing civil about advocating for a nuclear war. Australian troops were instrumental in saving Malaysia during WW2, and you would like to thank them by sending Chinese and perhaps North Korean nukes to "high-density" targets? Go suck Putin's nuts. If he has any.

Wombat - these sort of posts are uncalled for as abusive and, might I say, silly. Worse, they do not add to the debate. Please moderate your tone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, markslawson said:

 

Wombat - these sort of posts are uncalled for as abusive and, might I say, silly. Worse, they do not add to the debate. Please moderate your tone. 

I will moderate my tone when everybody else does the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wombat One said:

I will moderate my tone when everybody else does the same.

PS: I thought I was being very mild in comparison? If I wanted to be nasty, I could put Richie Rich to shame :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2022 at 12:34 PM, Wombat One said:

PS: I thought I was being very mild in comparison? If I wanted to be nasty, I could put Richie Rich to shame

No, you were being personal and it started with you. In any case, the idea is not to respond in kind. Leave it with you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2022 at 9:29 PM, Boat said:

The South China Sea is a potential conflict zone. Australia needs the US and the coalition of Japan, Tawain, Viet Nam etc. They are called allies. England, Canada, Australia, Britain and the US have been tied at the hip in international politics for decades. 

 

On 9/21/2022 at 9:43 PM, Hotone said:

Oh, Ok.  That's acting against China but not Russia.  I was referring to this:

https://youtu.be/vWHduohxc9M 

I think the only way that Russia can win its war against the collective West is to use nuclear and biological weapons.

 

 

 

image.png.7174f9e5999d5676d1fa888075a39874.png

it is often easy to watch, provoke, when it is not our region affected.....Why are we suggesting slash hammer when we just need to crack an egg?

If the aim of this war is to show the world how easy manipulation of the majority can be done when a few born rich or clones of those, with imbecile relatives of a kind that infiltrate all businessmen and network are testing the water, it is very successful...

They are generally undeterred in the acts because we let them. We do not care to know more because it is none of our business. We do not care because it does not affect us. We do not care but pretend we do.

Years of going through the motion numbs us. We lose our mind, our heart, our humanity and our ability to solve simple things over time. Yet we feel very proud to be in some sort of regional based conspiracy, we believe we are a part of..... Eurozone, US zone, Eastern zone etc ......... Inferior traits take inferior measures. How have we regressed to allow inferiority getting so far.............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2022 at 10:34 AM, Wombat One said:

PS: I thought I was being very mild in comparison? If I wanted to be nasty, I could put Richie Rich to shame :)

 

it takes inheritable personal characteristics to be who we are........ From general point of view, a person can be nasty out of two possible conditions i.e.

1. snobbishness,

- who believe their miserable or disgruntled lives are fault of others, yet their good fortune gives them extra in life. Hence, they prone to pretend and have a tendency to mistreat others, especially the weaker kind or those whom they can overpower at ease.

image.png.657aa1fb22a3243edbd14269af0cd6bd.png

 

2. inferiority or lower self esteem,

- who believe they are below most and despicable is the only choice they can afford. They make others pay for their aims and miserable lives

image.png.7715d86b874e421714acd68cbef3c7a2.png

 

While exercising our rights to free speech, we must always examine our need to be nasty, especially on malicious personal attack. Some people deserve it; some don't...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.