Marina Schwarz

India Eyes Biofuels to REplace Some Oil Imports

India is planning to boost its use of biofuels to reduce its dependence on imported oil, the PM has said. Not sure how productive this will be -- there's a limit to the amount of biofuel you can add to a gallon/liter of fossil fuel, right?

Hmmmm, to mangle and misquote a popular poster on this forum, it appears that the Indian PM believes that 10 gallons of biofuel can indeed fit into a 5 gallon bucket of gasoline.

(edited)

Lived and worked in Incredible India for a year, 12/13 years ago, and, well, um, you see, er, oh(!), western media always gets it wrong about Incredible India!  Once people learned that I had lived in China for a number of years, the most common question I got was "which country is better?".  My skills in diplomacy were keenly tested and developed at that time, in order to answer such questions.

No offence meant to my Indian friends.  One thing I will say about the Indian people is that they have will power and the ability to get up in the morning and face the world each day with unbounding optimism and hope.  Absolutely wonderful people.  I mean that sincerely.

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Upvote 1