Ending a five-year moratorium, the Trump administration took a first step toward opening 1.6 million acres of California public land to fracking and conventional oil drilling, triggering alarm bells among environmentalists.The U.S. Bureau of Land Management said it’s considering new oil and natural gas leases on BLM-managed lands in Fresno, San Luis Obispo and six other San Joaquin Valley and Central Coast counties. 

• Like 1

If the people of North Dakota were unhappy with fracking we would have heard from them. Fracking has been used in oil wells for decades what is new is horizontal drilling which requires fewer wells and can be used to make old wells productive.

• Like 1

All I can see that the only Americans Trump is helping are in board rooms and law firms.

11 minutes ago, JohnAtronis said:

If the people of North Dakota were unhappy with fracking we would have heard from them. Fracking has been used in oil wells for decades what is new is horizontal drilling which requires fewer wells and can be used to make old wells productive.

Oklahoma, a hotbed of fracking and an otherwise geologically stable state had 14 earthquakes in the last 7 days greater than 1.5, 76 earthquakes in the last 30 days, and 908 earthquakes in the past 365.

1 minute ago, Sefko Trafikant said:

Oklahoma, a hotbed of fracking and an otherwise geologically stable state had 14 earthquakes in the last 7 days greater than 1.5, 76 earthquakes in the last 30 days, and 908 earthquakes in the past 365.

The state should file a class-action lawsuit for increased seismic activity, citing evidence from the growth in seismic activity. But then again there are so many of those pointless lawsuits

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sefko Trafikant said:

14 minutes ago, JohnAtronis said:

Kansas people loves more earthquakes.

1 hour ago, Joanna said:

Ending a five-year moratorium, the Trump administration took a first step toward opening 1.6 million acres of California public land to fracking and conventional oil drilling, triggering alarm bells among environmentalists.The U.S. Bureau of Land Management said it’s considering new oil and natural gas leases on BLM-managed lands in Fresno, San Luis Obispo and six other San Joaquin Valley and Central Coast counties. 

nearly half of CA is federally owned or controlled land. If the feds want to exploit it, they will. Plus, those three counties are Republican

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sefko Trafikant said:

California has an interest in avoiding earthquakes, so banning deep well injection of frack water is a very reasonable response.

• Like 1

Fracking off shore California has been happening for years, prior to 2000, I understand. Where's the data we could look at, or should we just cry the "sky is falling" ?   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good!  

As a Californian, I am very happy with this plan!  If the bureaucrats would just get out of the way, the oil and gas industry can provide thousands of additional high paying jobs.

http://www.foxandhoundsdaily.com/2018/08/future-incredible-us-oil-production-ca-join/ 

In this article, the author points out what I have thought for years, that California needs to use it's Silicon Valley talent to help further digitize and automate the oil and gas industry.  It's already starting to happen, but having oil fields closer to pre-existing, billion-dollar R&D facilities will allow for quicker advancement and implementation of these technologies.  

California is a net importer of oil, and they would rather buy oil for their hybrids from countries with less stringent environmental standards than drill for it themselves.  I understand many of these environmentalists want to keep the oil in the ground, but until the last Toyota Prius is decommissioned and every car in the state is electric, California will still be reliant upon foreign (or Texan) oil.  Might as well show them how to do the job cleaner, right?  

http://brownvtrumpoilmap.org/ 

This is an interesting website that points towards the hypocrisy of Jerry Brown, a "green leader", who is responsible for many more oil rigs offshore California than President Trump.  I think it's funny that the creators of this website credit Trump for all the oil and gas rigs offshore California in federal waters when it was actually previous presidents who were responsible for those.  Jerry Brown, on the other hand, was responsible for approving many of the offshore rigs in state waters, not to mention all the drilling he's approved on land as well.  

http://www.earthisland.org/journal/index.php/elist/eListRead/nobel_peace_laureates_governor_brown_phase_out_fossil_fuel/ 

Not only has Brown been hypocritical in his call to action, but he unethically had his own family ranch geologically mapped by a state entity to determine the potential mineral wealth of his property:

https://hotair.com/archives/2015/11/05/ap-jerry-brown-used-state-officials-to-research-oil-access-on-family-property/ 

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015/11/30/californias-top-oil-regulator-leaves-amid-controversy-over-gov-jerry-browns-ranch/ 

https://reason.com/archives/2015/11/20/jerry-browns-arrogant-response-to-oil-sc 

I think it's hilarious!  

Trump is unleashing undrilled acreage like never before, and I love it!  I can't wait for the federal lands and federal waters of California to be available again!  I'm looking very forward to the next U.S. Gulf of Mexico lease sale on August 15, which actually includes Florida this time.  Alaska is also getting ready for some large North Slope auctions.  This makes me very optimistic!

• Like 1