Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ronwagn

Iran Starts Building Natural Gas Pipeline to Syria

On 8/14/2018 at 5:04 AM, ronwagn said:

Can Iran actually build this pipeline? If it is built who will have financed it? Can anyone protect it? What is the best route? Is there an overabundance of natural gas in the Middle East? Many finds will be online before this pipeline. 

https://www.firstpost.com/world/iran-starts-building-gas-pipeline-to-syria-528036.html

They will run it through the Kurdish parts (Kurds are 'Iranian' people) of Iraq and Syria into the Shia heartlands of Syria out to the Coast. . Providing Iran pays sufficient security and transit fees they would look after it. 

Iran has the second biggest conventional gas reserves on the planet. If they could pipe this direct into Europe (perhaps in partnership with Qatar) it will be bye bye US LNG. 

Of course the Iranian Govt need to drop the religious - political BS first. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Nick W. I always thought that the pipeline dream was what shaped American policy. I was against it because of Assad being protective of Christians. I imagine that Russia and others might help with the financing. What I don't understand is how the pipeline can be adequately protected. It seems that many small groups would find it easy to blow it up on an irregular basis. They might be paid by any competitor including the USA or our paid acquaintances. Or possibly by another competing nation such as Qatar. Would Russia really want this competition? Possibly I am a bit too suspicious.

I wonder if Qatar will be able to ship its gas via this pipeline too..