Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rainman

Again Google: Brazil May Probe Google Over Its Cell Phone System

Brazil’s antitrust watchdog Cade is considering opening an investigation into Google over alleged abuses in its cell phone operating system, the president of the agency said in an interview published on Wednesday in newspaper Valor Economico. The reported comments by Alexandre Barreto come just weeks after European antitrust regulators fined Google a record 4.34 billion euros ($4.91 billion) and ordered it to stop using its popular Android mobile operating system to block rivals. According to the report, Barreto said Cade would decide whether to formally probe the U.S. company, whose parent is Alphabet Inc (GOOGL.O), depending on the results of an evaluation that is already underway.

Sometimes, I'm not sure are they our support or support for intelligence service... Obviously, "service" for intelligence service... Google has turned into a pawn in the name of security.

• Like 1

Brazil has more pressing issues than this...What about corruption, bribe, org. crime. But, I agree - Google, day by day, year by year are showing different faces...Someone said as a  FB? Ops...

Interesting, news is coming few days after Google's published results of public presidential political debate.... I don't like conspiracy theories, it's smells like that. So... It's the Google trends's connector coming soon? 🙂

I'm not expert, but I would be quite interested to know how Google fixed the map to Brazil? Normally we can only select a subcontinent...

Presidential election could be Brazil's first election dominated by the internet, given tens of millions more Brazilians have it since 2014. And, TV showing google searches during breaks...who knows,maybe someone's is not satisfied with result...

7 hours ago, Pavel said:

Brazil has more pressing issues than this...What about corruption, bribe, org. crime. But, I agree - Google, day by day, year by year are showing different faces...Someone said as a  FB? Ops...

Every government that is basically a failure will come after Google now, and possibly the other FAANGS.  Instant cash injection if they win anything at all.  That's what's wrong with precedents.  On the other hand, this is but one of the reasons that I think the FAANGs will come crashing back down to realistic stock prices.  I'm betting on it.

Let´s wait. And later comment. I think so