Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MS

Xi Is Set To Be Re-Elected As China’s Leader

Unfounded rumors emerged about Chinese President Xi being under house arrest last weekend.
If granted a third term, a right that has already been made possible due to a constitutional amendment, Xi would serve as CCP leader for another five years.
Any doubt that Xi would be granted a third team as CCP leader seemed to have been put to rest by changes to both the state constitution of the People's Republic of China and the constitution of the Communist Party of China.

https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Asia/Xi-Is-Set-To-Be-Re-Elected-As-Chinas-Leader.html 

• Upvote 1

By CMOP
09/11/2020

Politics has taken over our energy forum. In order to foment a return to the original intention of this forum, going forward, all threads of a divisive political nature that have nothing to do with energy in any form will be locked and deleted. That includes conspiracy theories of any kind, fun as they may be. Thank you for understanding. I'm sure there are many conspiracy theory forums that would be interested in such comments.

maybe somebody here at OP can explain to me how Xi relates to oil?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, frankfurter said:

By CMOP
09/11/2020

Politics has taken over our energy forum. In order to foment a return to the original intention of this forum, going forward, all threads of a divisive political nature that have nothing to do with energy in any form will be locked and deleted. That includes conspiracy theories of any kind, fun as they may be. Thank you for understanding. I'm sure there are many conspiracy theory forums that would be interested in such comments.

Very good point Frankie!

I guess as one of if not the largest user of FF China is a key customer for this and therefore to some degree influences the oil market by its policy choices. If China's growth stalls or major cities go into Covid lockdown then the oil price generally falls.

Thats the best I can do though 🤣

Tenuous at best.

• Upvote 1

So China is more than 1 mbpd shy of consumption vrs before Covid. That’s oil we’re talking about. Any oil shipped to China has huge insurance costs because of the war. The fact China buys oil when the US has asked it not to is very political and has far reaching consequences. Electric cars affect oil consumption and China wants to place battery giga factories in the US. All these factors plus more affect oil and relationships with China and it’s oil. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/27/2022 at 1:32 PM, frankfurter said:

By CMOP
09/11/2020

when you wear a specific pants with pockets and there is money in the pockets that could determine policies, political climate, etc on oil and gas, wouldn't it be essential to discuss the specific pants, the money, the potential wearer and what he would do? Xi is in that pants at the moment and going to be until he says enough and retired...

Politics, economy, oil and gas, the public, etc are interconnected. Try to choose what you want to read but not blocking what will be said, except the few frequent offensive participants......... 

I believe similar comments were replied to the moderator on that post before he repelled all informative and seasoned commenters. If the organizers changed the moderator instead, this discussion board might have been more active than now........

• Upvote 1

So sorry Trump and Putin make for such divisive politics. One started a war and the other attempted a coup. That behavior tends to stir things up. I think normal discussions can happen if facts from data are applied. The business of applied propaganda is repetitive and boring. Maybe that’s why they left. 

On 9/29/2022 at 1:00 PM, specinho said:

when you wear a specific pants with pockets and there is money in the pockets that could determine policies, political climate, etc on oil and gas, wouldn't it be essential to discuss the specific pants, the money, the potential wearer and what he would do? Xi is in that pants at the moment and going to be until he says enough and retired...

Politics, economy, oil and gas, the public, etc are interconnected. Try to choose what you want to read but not blocking what will be said, except the few frequent offensive participants......... 

I believe similar comments were replied to the moderator on that post before he repelled all informative and seasoned commenters. If the organizers changed the moderator instead, this discussion board might have been more active than now........

• Like 1