Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VK

Surging Demand for Electric Vehicles

Global sales of electric vehicles cracked the 400,000 barrier in the second quarter, rising 77 percent from a year earlier to 411,000. China, with 225,000 units, not only maintained its lead but outsold the rest of the world combined. Europe accounted for 22 percent of EV sales in the quarter, with North America at 19 percent.

1000x-1.png

• Upvote 1

There is a shortage in batteries. Their hands are somewhat tied at the moment if they want to mass produce EVs all around.

(edited)

China holds its lead as electric vehicle sales surge worldwide. This country is the world leader controlling raw materials needed for the batteries of electric vehicles. China has 487 electric-car makers and this industry has a full support of the state authorities. Their Made in China 2025 plan is giving a boost to startups.

Edited by BlackTortoise

Does anyone else shudder at the sight of "surging demand" for anything? @Vlad Kovalenko, nothing personal, of course. It's a set phrase I use myself much to my annoyance.

14 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Does anyone else shudder at the sight of "surging demand" for anything? @Vlad Kovalenko, nothing personal, of course. It's a set phrase I use myself much to my annoyance.

Any industry showing 77% growth inside 2 years would be reasonable to claim the 'surging demand' title. 

• Like 1

I'm not disputing the figures but it's gotten old very fast. I'm sure there are other ways to express the trends. But that's just me ranting against the modest vocabulary in use by media.