Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OS

Chinese State Oil Chiefs Get Paid Peanuts (by comparison)

I had no idea that leading a Chinese state-run oil giant was so .. not lucrative. The recently resigned chairman of state-run Sinopec reportedly make $126,500 last year ... yikes. That's compared to BP CEO Bob Dudley's $1.85 million. 

I assumed state-run companies weren't lucrative minus the corruption possibilities ... but found this interesting. Wonder where he lives and what his lifestyle is and if we can equate it to more than $126,500 :) 

Is BP the highest in terms of CEO compensation? Sounds higher than what I thought Exxon was, for instance, around $1 million. 

looking for a list, but came across this Oilprice.com story from earlier this year. Seems that even when oil was tanking, US oil executives were taking home ridiculous bonuses on top of huge salaries. 

Story notes: 

Seventy Seven Energy’s Jerry Winchester, got a stock package of 440,000 shares that were worth $6.6 million when the company emerged from bankruptcy last August, which have now swelled to $16 million, thanks to the $1.76-billion acquisition of Seventy Seven by Patterson-UTI Energy.

This is just a (dated) snapshot from 2016 and not for the supermajors ... 

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 10.05.18 PM.png