MS

Russia Says Europe Will Struggle To Replace Its Oil Products

The EU embargo on Russian crude oil came into effect on December 5th and its embargo on oil products will come into effect on February 5th. Alexander Novak, Russia’s deputy prime minister, believes Europe will struggle to replace Russian fuel and will probably ask for exemptions. The IEA has forecast intense competition for non-Russian diesel barrels and says that product flows from Russia to Europe have surged.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Russia-Says-Europe-Will-Struggle-To-Replace-Its-Oil-Products.html

• Upvote 1

Of course they will struggle with higher prices for awhile. They made the big mistake of trusting the Russian Bear. Mainly the Germans. They have now recovered their needed supply because the whole world wants to sell them oil and LNG or piped gas. Russia may have many technical problems with pipelines but other nations will benefit from buying at a discount from them. Russian oil will find a market at lower prices than the blackmail prices they intended to demand. 

Europe will realize that it MUST use "all of the above" fossil fuels until green dreams can be achieved in realty. Meanwhile the Russian Bear is weakened greatly and unable to force its will on its many minority groups spread across Asian Russia. 

Next goals are freer Americans, Russians, Chinese, Iranians, and people everywhere. 

Putin is a cancer riddled POS that should just die already , DCAF and just get overthrown or die !

https://www.reuters.com/graphics/UKRAINE-CRISIS/EUROPE-GAS/zdvxozxzopx/ Natural gas storage in Europe is quite adequate for this winter and should be no problem next winter, but largely topping off with LNG until more pipelines are built to supply from the Mediterranean area and Central Asia. 

Russian gas will be marketed where it can evade restrictions but at reduced price and quantity. Russia may permanently lose supply from "shut in" fields.

guess they won't be using CO2 to increase temperature, particularly indoor, right? :|

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, specinho said:

guess they won't be using CO2 to increase temperature, particularly indoor, right? :|

It is less noticeable if they use CO indoors, instead.

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 4:14 PM, Ron Wagner said:

Europe will realize that it MUST use "all of the above" fossil fuels until green dreams can be achieved in realty.

I don't think you understand the foolish fanaticism against fossil fuels in Europe and in the USA. In addition, the political money will flow to anti fossil fuel politicians. The press will also try to muzzle any anti renewable dissent. They will only allow enough fossil fuels to prevent riots.

You are talking common sense, which is anathema to today's fanatics.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/27/2022 at 8:02 PM, RichieRich216 said:

Putin is a cancer riddled POS that should just die already , DCAF and just get overthrown or die !

Whether we like it or not, Putin has a 79% approval rating in Russia.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Supply and Demand trumps everything, except bullets, in economics. A lot depends on China's economy. 

If the current Covid crisis in China, continues, demand and prices will stay low. If the Covid crisis in China flames out and the Chinese economy starts growing a lot, demand and prices will grow a lot.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Michael Sanches said:

I don't think you understand the foolish fanaticism against fossil fuels in Europe and in the USA. In addition, the political money will flow to anti fossil fuel politicians. The press will also try to muzzle any anti renewable dissent. They will only allow enough fossil fuels to prevent riots.

You are talking common sense, which is anathema to today's fanatics.

I have fought against that fanaticism for nine years and am well aware of it. I am an eternal optimist though. When people are paying ridiculous prices for energy, I think that they are more likely to see the light. Russia has pumped money into European politics and used all of its agents to promote that fanaticism. Then they showed their true nature with a third attack on Ukraine! Trump had warned Europe against Nordstream 2, but the East German Russian speaking Merkel went along with it as did her successor. Fortunately Europe was able to store enough LNG derived natural gas to save itself. It now needs to increase its LNG infrastructure and natural gas storage to the maximum possible. Prices have already moderated for LNG and more piped natural gas, from other sources, is on its way! 

The world is chock full of natural gas that just needs to be developed and transported, preferably by maximum pipelines. 

4 hours ago, Michael Sanches said:

Whether we like it or not, Putin has a 79% approval rating in Russia.

How would you answer that question if you lived in that brutal dictatorship?

On 1/6/2023 at 4:30 AM, turbguy said:

It is less noticeable if they use CO indoors, instead.

that would be a more potent greenhouse gas that increases temperature indoor, is it not?:S

Just now, specinho said:

that would be a more potent greenhouse gas that increases temperature indoor, is it not?:S

When the indoor occupants stop breathing, you don't need to augment indoor conditions anymore.

On 1/8/2023 at 10:48 AM, specinho said:

It is a very potent deadly gas while CO2 is safe. 

(edited)

On 1/9/2023 at 12:50 AM, turbguy said:

When the indoor occupants stop breathing, you don't need to augment indoor conditions anymore.

the intention was probably not that..............

Greenhouse got its name from an experiment that provided suitable temperature for vegetable in an enclosed glass house during winter.......

Inside this glass house, it might be not hard to imagine they controlled the humidity, CO2, artificial light, water etc.

Not sure if it is the term GAS used..........  only CO2 is remembered as Greenhouse Gas i.e. gas that increases temperature in the glass house............

Water or water vapour, which has no direct indication it is in a gas form, but with the largest capacity to contain heat amidst all waste gas found to increase temperature, has been ignored somehow..........:o:|

p/s:............... the intention was not to highlight water or water vapour is the culprit............ Do not want them to remove water vapour until there is no rain, no water due to disruption of water cycle .......:|

Edited by specinho
  • Upvote 1

On 1/7/2023 at 12:24 PM, Ron Wagner said:

How would you answer that question if you lived in that brutal dictatorship?

Wait...what? You mean people don't just "accidentally" fall out of windows?  🤔

Well according to western press best russian leaders were Gorbachev (you know not one inch eastward) and Boris Yeltsin known from Yankees for the rescue and Chicago boys schock doctrine 

Russia was de facto US colony in 90s and to best honest doesnt like this idea at all

Even being China vassal state is still better that 90s.

Thats all.

• Rolling Eye 1

Latest admission about Minsk Agreements by Macron and Scholz make russian elite more assure than only one wrong bet was it was made TOO LATE. It should have been done back in 2014 and would have than a lot easier. 

8 hours ago, Tomasz said:

Latest admission about Minsk Agreements by Macron and Scholz make russian elite more assure than only one wrong bet was it was made TOO LATE. It should have been done back in 2014 and would have than a lot easier. 

If theyd have invaded Ukraine in 2014 then theyd be a lot more dead Russians now than there currently is.

Do you like war and death?

The only hope Russia have of winning this conflict is outright nuclear war, and then nobody wins.

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2023 at 2:59 AM, Rob Plant said:

The only hope Russia have of winning this conflict is outright nuclear war, and then nobody wins.

I agree. But, Ukraine cannot "win" either, since they consider the Crimea essential for victory and Russia will not give it up.

1. Crimea is majority Russian.
2. There are only two connections with Ukraine. One is 10 miles wide and one is 1 mile wide. I cannot see Russia being unable to defend 11 miles of front lines.
3. If any progress is made in Crimea, Russia will blockade all Ukraine grain delivers via the Black Sea.

The question is are we making peace impossible?

Frankly, with my tiny little brain, I don't see a resolution to this war without 100's of thousands more deaths, and the, simply by total exhaustion by Ukraine.

15 hours ago, Michael Sanches said:

I agree. But, Ukraine cannot "win" either, since they consider the Crimea essential for victory and Russia will not give it up.

1. Crimea is majority Russian.
2. There are only two connections with Ukraine. One is 10 miles wide and one is 1 mile wide. I cannot see Russia being unable to defend 11 miles of front lines.
3. If any progress is made in Crimea, Russia will blockade all Ukraine grain delivers via the Black Sea.

The question is are we making peace impossible?

Frankly, with my tiny little brain, I don't see a resolution to this war without 100's of thousands more deaths, and the, simply by total exhaustion by Ukraine.

Yep I agree with that.

Ukraine have to negotiate peace but nobody including the useless UN are trying to broker peace and talks.

Ukraine in my view should accept Crimea is going to be Russian and as you say its what the majority of the Crimean people want anyway. If they did this then there are grounds to start talks with a view to end this conflict. At the momnet there is no end in sight to the pain, misery and death on both sides.

On 1/15/2023 at 6:31 PM, Hamish said:

Wait...what? You mean people don't just "accidentally" fall out of windows?  🤔

In 2021, people arrested for what they posted on social media:

Russia: 400

England: 3300