Mr RS

Oil stocks are heating up again! What's on your Watchlist?

(edited)

EOG - Leading developer in the Powder River Basin

DVN - Acquired $600 million worth of acreage in the PRB in 2015 for development

LRDC - Partnership w/ Alleghany & SORC - assisting in development of the Teapot Dome

on mine with a focus on Wyoming potentially being a next hotbed for shale 

Edited by Mr RS
Added details
  • Like 1

Good talk Rusty! lol

On 8/30/2018 at 4:56 PM, Mr RS said:

EOG

DVN

LRDC

on mine

DNR

WPX

NOG

CHK

NGL

On my watchlist

• Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:56 PM, Mr RS said:

EOG - Leading developer in the Powder River Basin

DVN - Acquired $600 million worth of acreage in the PRB in 2015 for development

LRDC - Partnership w/ Alleghany & SORC - assisting in development of the Teapot Dome

on mine with a focus on Wyoming potentially being a next hotbed for shale 

Iveive

I Have been following Laredo oil co a long time .  Never any news. Maybe someone knows something I don't .

• Upvote 1

(edited)

LRDC is a pretty unknown stock/company, although their partnership with Alleghany (Y) is the real deal. 

Since the company they provide field management services for is private (Stranded Oil Resources Corp), it is extremely difficult to get information about the business. I've been following their filings pretty closely and have seen a progression in the language regarding their Underground Gravity Drainage oil recovery process over the last year. They have been testing a modified method (SORC mentions UGD 2.0 on their website https://sorc.co ) at their properties in Wyoming and Louisiana. This would need board approval before implementation, however, Laredo has been doing quite a bit of hiring the past couple months.

The stock price has seen quite a bit of support since May, so I'm keeping an eye on it as oil (specifically in Wyoming) heats up. Best of luck to you.

On 8/30/2018 at 4:56 PM, Mr RS said:

EOG

DVN

LRDC

on mine

Edited by Mr RS

Crescent Point:  trading at about 40% of book value with a new focus.  All light oil.  180,000 boe/d (80% crude)

Cardinal Energy:  lowest decline rate in Canada with nearly a 9% dividend

Trican Well Service:  expecting an uptick in light oil, liquids, and natgas drilling in Canada thru 2019, buying back alot of shares.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GTE -

Staying away from the frackers in the USA.  Too much capital needed to maintain production.

GTE is a cheap Colombian oil producer that has some political risk with FARC rebels but it gets the brent pricing on their oil.   

• Like 2

Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.

• Like 2

(edited)

BTE - Baytex Energy Corp - long

ATH - Athabasca Oil Corp - long

CJ - Cardinal Energy - long

CPG - Crecent Point Energy - long

SDY - Strad Energy Services - hoping for buyout then I will buy TCW

WCE - Wescan Energy Corp - long

I bought BTE, ATH, CJ, and CPG September 10, 2018

Edited by Brett the Oil King
  • Like 1

(edited)

GENL.LSE The Iraqi government is close to being formed which should start the next leg in this company’s multibagging rise from previous lows. Once all agreements regards the transfer of oil fields to Iraqi central government from KRG are finalised this should provide the political security for the massive gas assets to be developed or more likely provoke a larger player to buy the company for those assets. Meanwhile it still remains undervalued on its oil production alone I believe so any oil price rise will go straight to the bottom line.

Obviously all my opinion and you should do your own research. This post is not a recommendation to buy.

HUR.LSE FPSO due to hook up end this year early next year and that is when price should soar until then rising oil price is pushing it up slowly against a large fund who are top slicing their now very large holding having got in at significantly lower price.

Obviously all my opinion and you should do your own research. This post is not a recommendation to buy.

Edited by jaycee
Adding another share
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

EOG 

DNR

CRK

• Upvote 1

NESR, 

bought at 9, Just sold 25% for $13.

Watch this baby go!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LBRT, seems very well managed. I have made a few sheckles trading them. 

• Like 1

$ALB

• Like 1

PBR - in contrast to what @J S says, I bought it when it was well below $10, still mulling whether to take profit or wait and see how the elections play out

TOT - every time it dips below $60 it's a buy imo

BHGE - I'm bullish on oilfield services providers and this one just knows how to profile itself

GKP.L  - despite its high valuation, I think this still has way to go... if ISIS doesn't come back is that...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, J S said:

This thread is useful.  I am researching other companies from it.  Thanks.

I agree. Thanks all for contributing.

• Like 1

If you want to think out of American stocks, couple of interesting Australian companies

Cvn.asx. Opened a new basin with 3rd largest find of oil ever offshore Asutralia

Far.asx . Own 40% of well in Gambia that is spudding in October, estimated reserved 825m barrels, on the same trend as Senegal SNE Discovery

• Like 1

I have CRC (California Resource Corporation) and NOG on my watchlist. I was following CHK but that stock is highly manipulated. 

• Like 1

TCW - Trican Well - LONG

BTE - Baytex - LONG

ERF- Enerplus - LONG

ATH - Athabasca - LONG

TOG - Torc - LONG

• Like 1

APC - Anadarko - Long

REI - Ring Energy - Long

• Like 1

Mr RS. Being new here, what is your feeling on Petroteq-Pqeff?  They seem to be having some success in Utah.

• Like 1

Small Cap Stock on the ASX: (Focusing on flipping acreages in Anadarko once fully developed, small WI's big potential long term) 

BRK - Brookside Energy

Well worth a look.

• Like 1