Mr RS

Oil stocks are heating up again! What's on your Watchlist?

My picks are 

WPX

RRC

BP way below book value

Offshore Drillers Time has come

NE

ESV

• Like 2

on my watchlist : Faroe petroleum ; Diversified gas & oil

• Like 1

GKP.LSE I lost on this previously, but with ISIS defeated and stability in Kurdistan this could multibag, along with its twin sister GENE.LSE

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i AM SURPRISED BY THE LACK OF INTEREST IN Marathon Oil.  They plan to pay down debt over the next 2 years and early Nov will be there 4th consecutive big increase since the divestiture from Marathon Petro. PG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rogdavid said:

GKP.LSE I lost on this previously, but with ISIS defeated and stability in Kurdistan this could multibag, along with its twin sister GENE.LSE

Glad someone else mentioned GENL. Whilst I have a large holding in GENL and am looking to make a lot on them, again, on their next rise I would not say there is stability yet in Kurdistan and Iraq though. https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/International/Iraq-A-Ticking-Time-Bomb-For-Oil-Markets.html

Assuming the Kurdish election doesn't cause any problems the next issue is the handover of Kurdish oil to Baghdad in return for a slice of the Iraqi budget. A few Kurds in government party will help but with a what appears is going to be a government heavily leaning towards Iran they are going to be fighting hard to get a decent deal, remember Kurds are not Shiites and are backed by the US who have a little dispute with Iran just now so it may take some time to get a deal for the Kurds on the transfer of oil. Also it was Iranian militias operating with Iraqi government approval that recently took Mosul from the Peshmerga so I don't get a warm feeling all is going to go simply. The amount they get is somewhat irrelevant to oil company holder,  apart from maybe slowing down back payments owed, as after the agreement the Iraqi government will be responsible for payments for current production and the farm in or more likely take out of GENL for its gas assets can happen. Long time and a few hurdles to go yet before  I am counting my winnings. Do you have a view on how it will play out?

(edited)

Maybe something exotic. 

Rosneft  up 40,5 %  y/y

Lukoil 50%

Gazprom Neft 54 %

Novatek 58 %

Gazprom 25 %

Tatneft 88 %  

Surgutneft Gas minus 16%

Edited by Tomasz
  • Like 1

My current watch list is.

HUR:LSE- Hurricane Energy whom have discovered the largest undeveloped oil find in the West of Shetland and are about to start their EPS trails in the first quarter of 2019 and have recently announced a Farm in with Spirit Energy (partly owned by Centrica). Check them out, current price 59p

https://www.edisoninvestmentresearch.com/edison-tv/clip/executive-interview-hurricane-energy

Second choice whilst slightly more risky is UK Oil and Gas, UKOG:LSE

Plenty of news and views in circulation, large potential UK Onshore discovery, in the Weald.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 6:40 AM, J S said:

When I posted on Sept 9 Fang was at 112.65.

At close Sept 27: 134.06.   19% gain.

I now think they have their act together.  Will double within 1 year.

HES; 62.39 on Sept 9.

At close Sept 27: 71.58  12.8%gain

Since Sept 9th APC: Not bad but not great.

Next couple months will tell a lot.

PBR: has gained.  I just don't like ADRs and Brazil is too corrupt.  I don't like paying 2 cents per share every year for the privilege of owning this stock.

Still watching MRO.  It is about as good as FANG in the period, but it does not have the growth potential.

HK: Blah ha ha ha: Who picked HK again?

Refineries: I am confused on at the moment.

PBR in the meantime at $15.40 - good that I held onto that bad boy. 

Congrats on FANG, it sure had a bit of a run.

On 9/26/2018 at 2:43 PM, Rahul39842 said:

I have CRC (California Resource Corporation) and NOG on my watchlist. I was following CHK but that stock is highly manipulated. 

Can you please tel me more anout NOG. What do you think about is. 

I juat got some share at 4.00, hope i did not ge in too early. 

Marathon is still my favorite - look at last 3 years They are in the right places and May will be another huge quarter for them.   PMG