SP

Facebook Committs To 100% Renewable Power For Global Operations By 2020

Facebook announced that it was upping the environmental ante on by committing to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 75% and power its global operations with 100% renewable energy by the end of 2020.

It’s already been a big year for Facebook’s sustainability efforts, with the company signing several Power Purchase Agreements  to increase its total purchased renewable energy to over 3 GW of solar and wind energy,  including over 2.5 GW over the past 12 months.

This is just PR. They will be using renewables because renewables are cheaper, but they are trying to make it sound as if it's because they're some sort of heroes. The same thing will happen with governments that will happen to be in power in the next decade, every one of them trying to take the credit for the energy transformation that will happen for purely market reasons.

Amusing.  Facebook may be extinct by 2020.

7 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I would respectfully disagree while simultaneously pointing you towards their market share, market cap and array of companies under their umbrella. If you refer to a break up, i don't see that happening in the current climate.  All facebook needs to do is put their heads down and avoid attention as much as is possible while adding valuable unicorns which aid growth numbers. 

On 9/2/2018 at 4:38 AM, youdriveahardbargain said:

I would respectfully disagree while simultaneously pointing you towards their market share, market cap and array of companies under their umbrella. If you refer to a break up, i don't see that happening in the current climate.  All facebook needs to do is put their heads down and avoid attention as much as is possible while adding valuable unicorns which aid growth numbers. 

3b87a426488c5bf7ae5da034ddff612d1525e59856dc6239523380648a12c01a.jpg

On 9/1/2018 at 4:09 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

Is that a promise?

10 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Is that a promise?

Possibly by end of this year...  Zuckerberg keeps selling off massive amounts of his Facebook shares.

• Like 1