Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
50 shades of black

Kremlin Says U.S. Spy Efforts Show It Is Meddling In Russia's Affairs

The Kremlin said on Monday the United States was “crudely” trying to recruit Russian nationals to act as its agents, adding that this showed Washington was meddling in Russian affairs.Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov was asked during a conference call to comment on a report in the New York Times which said the F.B.I. and U.S. Justice Department had tried unsuccessfully to recruit Russian aluminum tycoon Oleg Deripaska as an informer between 2014 and 2016. “The fact is that the United States in recent years is working crudely using its intelligence services, trying to recruit Russian citizens, exerting moral and other pressure on them.... I think these incidents in the most eloquent manner testify to the attempts to interfere in Russia’s internal affairs,” Peskov said.

Want to escape from this Orwellian novel. I doubt I am alone in feeling this way....too much

• Like 1

Kremlin blasts.... And in other news water is wet! Yeah this stuff has been going on both ways for 100 years.

Everyone spies on everyone. That’s business as usual.

Hope the US is meddling in Russia, although it’s hard to change a dictatorship :)

What goes around comes around! Every country spies on every other country. What else is new?

So, Tit for tat. Putin's regime are trying to find new field to cover their own mistakes in domestic politics like a reform of pensions..

Did anyone said: "the Cold War is ended":)

(edited)

20 hours ago, 50 shades of black said:

The Kremlin said on Monday the United States was “crudely” trying to recruit Russian nationals to act as its agents, adding that this showed Washington was meddling in Russian affairs.Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov was asked during a conference call to comment on a report in the New York Times which said the F.B.I. and U.S. Justice Department had tried unsuccessfully to recruit Russian aluminum tycoon Oleg Deripaska as an informer between 2014 and 2016. “The fact is that the United States in recent years is working crudely using its intelligence services, trying to recruit Russian citizens, exerting moral and other pressure on them.... I think these incidents in the most eloquent manner testify to the attempts to interfere in Russia’s internal affairs,” Peskov said.

Aha, tit for tat indeed! Very typical Russian behaviour too. When the Novichok thing was happening in the UK, we had the Russian ambassador in London making wild (and comical) assertions about the whole thing being an MI6 plot to besmirch poor old innocent Mummy Russia (who have half a century or more of exactly this kind of thuggery, buggery and skulduggery, behind them).

And all of the UK newspapers were virtually swamped with letters from outraged UK citizens, saying that it was all Mrs' Mays fault, or the fault of MI5; MI6; Porton Down, Paddington Bear et al. 

Interesting, a look at the locations from which these "outraged UK citizens" had penned their missives was revealing. Some examples:

John from Dublin, England (Dublin is in Eire - in fact its the capital)

Pete from Sheffield, Surrey (It's in Yorkshire)

Mary from Jersey, London (it's an island in the English channel)

Alf from Edinburgh, Wales (It's in Scotland)

There were hundreds and hundreds of them.

Mind you when I was in Tehran at the time of the elections when ArmouredDinnerJacket was being re-elected and there were people being shot in the streets, the Iranian government, blamed the UK for the riots and said that the British Ambassador had been seen throwing stones at the police. So they clearly follow the Russian lead in talking testicular nonsense.

The problem is that there are levels of the public who believe in all this guff, whether it comes from the Kremlin, the Mullahs, or in fact from Lubyanka Square in Moscow, where was located the former head office of the secret police (and the KGB) and from whose building it was said that prisoners who were taken there could see Siberia.

Edited by Eodmatt
  • Like 1