Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VK

Tesla Roadster Kicked Off EV Revolution

Hey, did everyone see this????

Tesla Roadster might pull off zero to 60 MPH in less then 2 seconds and has a top speed over 250 mph.  Unbelievable!!!

It will be the fastest production car in the world if Tesla pulls it off, but many analysts are now saying that the battery tech just doesn't exist today to make this a reality. 

Yeah the battery tech is still miles away but it's significant that Tesla has shown it's possible - batteries are getting better each day, graphene is likely going to be the answer and apparently Samsung is making progress: https://www.ft.com/content/5a6693f0-d349-11e7-8c9a-d9c0a5c8d5c9 

• Upvote 1

Meh, they look cheap... I'd rather buy a Porsche..

Hmmm, Porsche sounds preatty shabby but it's all about personal choice.
And I choose EVs. We are talking about cars which use electric motors, which provide torque at nearly all RPM levels. Also these cars have no gears and low centers of gravity. And batteries output power far more efficiently than gas to a loaded piston. I'm convinced Tesla will make it  possible.  

I have to say I'm pretty suspicious about latest Tesla news. But even if they make it possible why would we need a supercar going up to 250 mph? Where are they going to get it up to 250 mph? We have enough crazy drivers on the road anyway, no need to encourage them.

Tesla is entering into all spheres of life. Although many will think it is an "expensive toy", I have seen today that DHL is testing ten  delivery vehicles for the largest cities in the US. This vehicle looks like a 22-century tank. See picture.

Tesla.jpg

• Upvote 2

Petar, good to know I'm not the only one enthusiastic about Tesla. If this delivery vehicle is going to be nearly fast as the roadster, we will have the fastest delivery ever. 

Tesla obviously has more problems than we think. Their rush to make new models could cost them the quality. If we can believe what some current and former workers are saying, Tesla revealed defects in more than 90 percent of Model S and Model X vehicles during the routinely quality checks. And these repairs cost Tesla a lot of money. These costs obviously affect the price of vehicles, and the same costs Tesla can compensate only by selling these same vehicles. It seems like it's moving around in vicious circle. 

I don’t mind fast cars but Tesla should focus on other stuff, rather than speed. They have to work on preserving the leadership in EV sector. Going after Porsche or Lamborghini wont do good for the company

my point exactly. They should stick to what they do best. Market for sporty cars is small anyway and Tesla cant get close to beat Italians and Germans

speed limit in 90% of the world is 120km/h-70mph anyway. 

I think Elon Musk, who has been compared to Tony Stark many times, can't really help himself. He thinks he's invincible. And so far, TSLA stock price has proved him right--so if he wants to dabble in the need for speed, it might not do much for TSLA, but boys will be boys...

Elon Musk is just a little bit overconfident. He thinks he should just make cars and lithium will come immediately. Maybe he should check  his battery supply chain to realize that he needs to find a way to create more lithium first?

Beer on Tesla Drive? Budweiser reserved 40 Tesla's truck ... Will Bud need to drink faster:D

Beer will probably arrive warm now..

In this topic I could find everything except  delivery date :slightly_smiling_face:. Given the fact that these trucks will be available:"God knows when", maybe in a meantime, the PepsiCo people should try other actions...

I would say that these are mere token gestures by Bush, Pepsi, Walmart, etc, all who have reserved semis. But the deposits are non-refundable.

well, Musk can really do no wrong. Just look at Tesla stock--up almost 14% just in a week. That pretty much says it all. 

Only PepsiCo order of 100 Semi trucks will fill up Tesla's bank account for $2 million. Not bad at all