Amazon hits $1 trillion valuation

Amazon's stock crosses $2050.27 becoming the second publicly traded U.S. company to hit $1 trillion in market value after Apple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ordered me some Nike shoes via Amazon

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

Amazon's stock crosses $2050.27 becoming the second publicly traded U.S. company to hit $1 trillion in market value after Apple.

How stupid is this market giving a company with PE of 300 and no buybacks and dividends a price target of 1 trillion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Stephen said:

How stupid is this market giving a company with PE of 300 and no buybacks and dividends a price target of 1 trillion

Amazon was/is innovative, productive, and forward thinking. They've remade the business landscape in a way no one could have seen coming 15 years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

Amazon's stock crosses $2050.27 becoming the second publicly traded U.S. company to hit $1 trillion in market value after Apple.

Lets see how that "trickles down" to the workers...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

Amazon's stock crosses $2050.27 becoming the second publicly traded U.S. company to hit $1 trillion in market value after Apple.

If all goes well, AMZN could still rush ahead of AAPL and beat its peer at becoming the first ever $2 trillion company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Nigerian Price said:

If all goes well, AMZN could still rush ahead of AAPL and beat its peer at becoming the first ever $2 trillion company.

Bezos 2020?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

Amazon's stock crosses $2050.27 becoming the second publicly traded U.S. company to hit $1 trillion in market value after Apple.

Amazon has surpassed Walmart and Dollar General in the selling of cheap Chinese-made junk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

Amazon's stock crosses $2050.27 becoming the second publicly traded U.S. company to hit $1 trillion in market value after Apple.

Two reasons for Amazon success. (1) Long term planning by Jeff Bezos, (the CEO of Amazon ,, (2) the unethical practice of Amazon not collecting the sales tax in the initial years,,, Amazon exploited this loophole to an extreme and its selling partners are exploiting the loophole even today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Sefko Trafikant said:

Two reasons for Amazon success. (1) Long term planning by Jeff Bezos, (the CEO of Amazon ,, (2) the unethical practice of Amazon not collecting the sales tax in the initial years,,, Amazon exploited this loophole to an extreme and its selling partners are exploiting the loophole even today...

Maybe, but as long as it's legal, a public stock would be required to use the loophole by its responsibility to shareholders.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 李伟王芳 said:

I just ordered me some Nike shoes via Amazon

No way I did the same! 

Hat's off to Amazon - a company that has fought it's way through and proven time and time again - that persistence and a strong leader will get you to the top. Image result for jeff bezos meme

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Stephen said:

Bezos 2020?

I think he needs more experience with bankruptcy first.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, CMOP said:

No way I did the same! 

Hat's off to Amazon - a company that has fought it's way through and proven time and time again - that persistence and a strong leader will get you to the top. Image result for jeff bezos meme

Looks like Jeff built a house with a gym in it.  Maybe he read a book about economics.  @Epic told us all we should be doing that more often.  Start with a book or two, then sell everything else for everyone else.  Not bad advice.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dan Warnick said:

Looks like Jeff built a house with a gym in it.  Maybe he read a book about economics.  @Epic told us all we should be doing that more often.  Start with a book or two, then sell everything else for everyone else.  Not bad advice.

 

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 5.09.56 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Stephen said:

How stupid is this market giving a company with PE of 300 and no buybacks and dividends a price target of 1 trillion

Back in 2016, Amazon had a PE of 300 when it was only worth $600 and no buybacks nor dividends.  PE only tells half of the story.  A lot of people expected Amazon's profits would go through the roof back in 2016, and they were right.  A lot of people must also be expecting the same to happen again.  If they are right again, then Amazon will be a $5000 stock by 2020.  If they are right, then Amazon is on sale right now at a mere $2000.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Sefko Trafikant said:

Lets see how that "trickles down" to the workers...

I flat-out guarantee you it will not. 

Amazon runs on cheap labor  (with warehouse turnover of 100% a year). It is brutal on the workforce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Stephen said:

How stupid is this market giving a company with PE of 300 and no buybacks and dividends a price target of 1 trillion

Totally stupid. Only in America.

A rational P/E for Amazon might barely be six and a half  [6.5]. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazon and FAANG will be like the tulips bubble, real estate bubbles, dotcoms bubbles the party will end one day maybe it will be gradual or a sudden crash. People nothing last forever enjoy while it's here but you best believe a recession will come.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, zbest1966 said:

Amazon and FAANG will be like the tulips bubble, real estate bubbles, dotcoms bubbles the party will end one day maybe it will be gradual or a sudden crash. People nothing last forever enjoy while it's here but you best believe a recession will come.  

As with the Tulips, the party lasts as long as there are these fanatical "true believers."  Seems there are a lot of them out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2018 at 2:53 PM, Dan Warnick said:

Looks like Jeff built a house with a gym in it.  Maybe he read a book about economics.  @Epic told us all we should be doing that more often.  Start with a book or two, then sell everything else for everyone else.  Not bad advice.

strong advice, but I still looks more like the guy on the left than the guy on the right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites