Rodent

More Oil And Gas News From..... Teen Vogue

I suppose I should not be surprised that the activist interviewed for this event self-identifies as being 'cisgendered'.  For those who are not familiar with what exactly a 'cisgendered' person is, well, you are in luck.  Thanks to the recently updated "liberal" education degree requirements that now require at least a full 3 credits in 'gender studies', I will do my best to explain it:

...cough... 

Here goes: Cisgendered is a word that is like having a word that means 'word' but is a word that isn't the word 'word'.  

...and if that doesn't clear it up, neither will having to pay $1,500 to take a required course that you really really really don't want to take but still have to take in order to graduate.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

bb5fc503d93382870468d4d3893188eeab2ffe1059d6d00b389540ec942e5afd.jpg

As a side note, speaking about teens and the important issues to them, my teenage daughter just informed me in all seriousness that Doritos are going to be more expensive soon because of the wildfires in Nebraska and California. Oh and other tortilla chips too. Because of the corn.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rodent said:

As a side note, speaking about teens and the important issues to them, my teenage daughter just informed me in all seriousness that Doritos are going to be more expensive soon because of the wildfires in Nebraska and California. Oh and other tortilla chips too. Because of the corn.

Look at it this way:  at least she has her priorities sorted out!

Cheers.

click through on the www.donaldducks thingy on that page. :)

@Tom Kirkman

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rodent said:

click through on the www.donaldducks thingy on that page. :)

Thank goodness.  I was about ready to throw in the towel on the stupidity-o-meter.

That is a practical joke, right?  I mean, like in my aviation A&P mechanics school some of the good ones were:  

Instructor:

Joe, go over to Mr. Harris's workshop and get a roll of flight line.

Keith, go to Miss Arthur's workshop and get a bucket of prop wash.

I was in on one when I worked in the aviation aftermarket parts business:  "Bob" (new sales guy, participating in his first end of quarter sales crunch), I heard that Eastern Airlines has 2 full sets of new HPT Blades that they are willing to sell.  We could flip those and make at least a quarter million dollars and I'll let you take full credit for the deal (Bob's eyes light up).  "Bob" spent the next day and a half calling everyone, including Miami directory assistance who did in fact give him a number that nobody answered, and asking everyone in the company if they had any contacts at Eastern (many people gave "Bob" old numbers and names to try, even though they weren't sure if those people still worked there or not.  Amazing how many people went along with the ruse!) trying to track down someone to find those blade sets.  The only problem was that this was in about 1999 or 2000 and Eastern had been out of business since 1991.  Yuck, yuck, yuck.  "Bob" actually took it pretty well when we finally let him in on the joke.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom Kirkman said:

Thank goodness.  I was about ready to throw in the towel on the stupidity-o-meter.

I feel like we should have some more of these safety-check things

1 minute ago, Rodent said:

I feel like we should have some more of these safety-check things

25c1942695152eb792af5a71a529e8fb8a60b4b3e8421fa2562b3dd6fe21b9cd.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Yeah, I know.  But I was wondering if the photo was real and that someone somewhere had gotten some youngsters to believe them and start a chain of (unreal) events in motion.

47 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Can you start a fire with Doritos? We investigate

main-photo-2.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodent said:

ah yes. "will it burn" is a wonderful party game.  hours of fun. 

Yep, and you can play the game indoors on rainy days.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Yep, and you can play the game indoors on rainy days.

indeed! I find most petroleum based products do quite well (just don't breathe). if oil demand does fall off, maybe the industry can advertise its "will it burn" usefulness. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Epic said:

Cisgendered is a word that is like having a word that means 'word' but is a word that isn't the word 'word'.  

I had a sudden urge to have this tattooed on my forehead, seriously. I LOVE it! (I've no tattoos at all, so this means a lot) May I quote you everywhere I can?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

May I quote you everywhere I can?

You may quote me as much as you like!  ;)