Marina Schwarz

Saudi A Top Performer in Upstream Emissions

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the cleanest oil producer of them all?"

"The Kingdom of Good Oil."

"A comprehensive Stanford-led analysis in Science finds that Saudi Arabia's crude oil production has the lowest carbon emissions per barrel among major petro-players. Saudi Aramco, which is a sponsor of the study, is expected to tout these low CO2 findings, sources say."

I'm dying from the full-blown unbiased research here, help!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the cleanest oil producer of them all?"

"The Kingdom of Good Oil."

"A comprehensive Stanford-led analysis in Science finds that Saudi Arabia's crude oil production has the lowest carbon emissions per barrel among major petro-players. Saudi Aramco, which is a sponsor of the study, is expected to tout these low CO2 findings, sources say."

I'm dying from the full-blown unbiased research here, help!

rich. I don't even need to mention that Saudi Arabia funded that study. 

• Like 2

Saudi Aramco, which is a sponsor of the study, is expected to tout these low CO2 findings, sources say."

So I hear that sugar is healthy, which is why sugar is subsidized here in Malaysia.  There must be a study somewhere that shows the health benefits of refined sugar.  You know, like a study financed by Domino Sugar.

1950s-usa-domino-sugar-magazine-advert-EXPPR2.jpg

• Upvote 1

(edited)

12 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Saudi Aramco, which is a sponsor of the study, is expected to tout these low CO2 findings, sources say."

So I hear that sugar is healthy, which is why sugar is subsidized here in Malaysia.  There must be a study somewhere that shows the health benefits of refined sugar.  You know, like a study financed by Domino Sugar.

"There must be a study somewhere that shows the health benefits of refined sugar."

https://www.businessinsider.com/sugar-industry-behind-studies-research-2016-12

Well that was easy.

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:
16 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

"There must be a study somewhere that shows the health benefits of refined sugar."

https://www.businessinsider.com/sugar-industry-behind-studies-research-2016-12

I was being flippant and joking.  Why am I not surprised it's actually true.

I'm on a keto diet, and eat large amounts of healthy fats and protein.  No processed carbs.  And I feel a heckuva lot heathier since cutting out processed carbs. Sugar is basically toxic, that's been my opinion for years.  Sugar has zero nutitional value whatsoever and causes havoc in energy levels and blood sugar regulation.

My own personal Keto diet is around 60% calories healthy fats, 30% healthy protein, and less than 20 grams per day of carbohydrates (from vegetables).  Zero sugar, zero grains.

Before you go crazy rejecting this, bear in mind there are essential amino acids (from proteins) and essential vitamins and essential minerals (from vegetables) but there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate.

1 minute ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I was being flippant and joking.  Why am I not surprised it's actually true.

I'm on a keto diet, and eat large amounts of healthy fats and protein.  No processed carbs.  And I feel a heckuva lot heathier since cutting out processed carbs. Sugar is basically toxic, that's been my opinion for years.  Sugar has zero nutitional value whatsoever and causes havoc in energy levels and blood sugar regulation.

My own personal Keto diet is around 60% calories healthy fats, 30% healthy protein, and less than 20 grams per day of carbohydrates (from vegetables).  Zero sugar, zero grains.

Before you go crazy rejecting this, bear in mind there are essential amino acids (from proteins) and essential vitamins and essential minerals (from vegetables) but there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate.

Yeah, I know.  I picked the low hanging fruit.  Sorry.

If I'm not mistaken (don't you just love that opener?), Carbohydrates are processed by the body into sugar.  Isn't that right?  That's a problem for a midwestern fella like me, because I have to have my potatoes and meat.  The meat may not be a problem, depending on who you listen to, but I need buns on my burgers!  And bread on my sandwiches.  And rolls with dinner.

Your diet would seem a good one for consideration.  Any good references (links) you can share for consideration?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Thanks, Tom.  I did the Atkins diet a couple of times years ago.  Incredibly effective for dropping weight.  I spent 9 years in China, before there were any fast food restaurants, and my weight was still not an issue (still pretty much the same as when I graduated from High School).  Then I returned to the U.S. and started eating all the stuff I had missed for many years (junk foods, Mountain Dew, American portions, on and on).  I blew up by 50 pounds in the span of about a year and a half!  By that time I was feeling seriously unhealthy and was not happy with transforming into the Michelin Man.  The Atkins diet took off 45 pounds in like 6-8 weeks.  This plan seems to be more refined and catered to (nyuk) good health maintenance.  Main thing is to avoid carbs and sugars, and to do that you have to know where carbs and sugars exist.  Thanks again.  

• Upvote 1

Dan, the Atkins and Keto ideas are similar.  Reduce / eliminate refined carbs, and boost healthy (high quality) proteins and healthy fats.  Avoid sugar.

So about that low CO2 in processing Saudi Oil....  Maybe Iran would consider funding a similar study for Iranian oil.  Extolling how Iranian oil is the most environmentally friendly oil in the world to process, or some such blather.  Might be amusing to watch the competition.  Tastes Great vs. Less Filling

• Upvote 2

FYI, the Stanford connection is long and deep, back to Max Steineke and the beginning of Aramco. 

at my daughter’s undergrad graduation Khalid Al Faleh had a son in her class, and my daughter’s masters graduation from the Earth Science school, a large contingent of Stanford PhDs. You can get a PHD in fracking.

These studies should influence other oil producers. Venezuela is currently the holder of the largest oil reserves in the world. They must be funding a similar study.