RP

America Is Exceptional in Its Political Divide

5 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Turbguy  there is no longer any source of truthful media in this country. 

Recently Twitter and individuals working within the US government were exposed corrupting mass media...At the end of the day the the reporter doing the investigation and testifying before Congress had the IRS show up at his home.

Now Turguy the IRS does not come to your home for a personal visit. That has never happened in US history to a reporter after giving testimony to Congress.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1640719247843418122

Fox might well be offensive to a few perhaps a more liberal point of view.

The IRS Makes a Strange House Call on Matt Taibbi

An agent shows up at the home of the Twitter files journalist who testified before Congress.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/irs-matt-taibbi-twitter-files-jim-jordan-daniel-werfel-lina-khan-84ee518

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/avoid-scams-know-the-facts-on-how-the-irs-contacts-taxpayers

IRS employees may make official, unannounced visits

IRS employees may make official and sometimes unannounced visits to discuss taxes owed or returns due as a part of an audit or investigation. Taxpayers generally will first receive a letter or notice from the IRS in the mail. If a taxpayer has an outstanding federal tax debt, IRS will request full payment but will provide a range of payment options.

Here are the facts:

• All IRS representatives will always provide their official credentials, called a pocket commission and a HSPD-12 card. The HSPD-12 card is a government-wide standard form of reliable identification for federal employees and contractors. Taxpayers have the right to see these credentials. IRS employees can provide an additional method to verify their identification. Upon request, they’re able to provide a toll-free employee verification telephone number.

• Collection employees won’t demand immediate payment to a source other than “U.S. Treasury.”

• IRS employees may call taxpayers to set up appointments or discuss audits but not without first attempting to notify taxpayers by mail.

• IRS employees conducting criminal investigations are federal law enforcement agents and will never demand money.

7 hours ago, turbguy said:

And then?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news-bias/

Failed Fact Checks

Overall Bias and Credibility Rating

Overall, we rate Fox News right biased based on editorial positions that align with the right and Questionable due to the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, pseudoscience, the use of poor sources, and numerous false claims and failed fact checks. Straight news reporting from beat reporters is generally fact-based and accurate, which earns them a Mixed factual rating. (7/19/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 09/02/2022)

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/

Hilarious, your so called "fact checkers" are blatantly lying... I suggest you get a brain and start using it.  Doubtful, but we can hope.

On 3/23/2023 at 4:10 PM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

The answer is simple really:Change in religion.  The percentage of atheism is now dominant and are actively changing the societal rules to conform to their religion. 

When you have a society originally based on one religion and the religion changes, giant societal upheavals happen. 

USA has embraced perversion in every form.  Truth for one side is utterly irrelevant.  Stealing is omnipresent.  You cannot have a society based on lies, stealing, perversion.  When the old guard hanging on finally admit the old nation based on truth/science is gone and admits that the most dangerous country in the world is the USA as majority have embraced corruption and lies at all levels of society, the quicker the USA can start fixing itself.  Either evangelize and change the majority of people back to our ancestors religion  which was based in speaking truth  and scientific method of analysis, or USA is doomed into a state where the Oligarchs rule.  We have seen this throughout all of history in a multitude of different nations/empires.  Nothing new here.  No one changes until brought down. 

Atheism and agnosticism are increased but Christianity is still dominant. There is a tremendous movement of Christian evangelism online and in the related churches. The ministers are top rate and "on fire."  Demons are being cast out and souls are being saved. "The darkest hour is just before dawn."  Christianity is doing well worldwide also, despite the persecution going on from Islam and communism. 

I viewed the entire lengthy poll. 

5 hours ago, turbguy said:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/avoid-scams-know-the-facts-on-how-the-irs-contacts-taxpayers

IRS employees may make official and sometimes unannounced visits to discuss taxes owed or returns due as a part of an audit or investigation. Taxpayers generally will first receive a letter or notice from the IRS in the mail. If a taxpayer has an outstanding federal tax debt, IRS will request full payment but will provide a range of payment options.

Here are the facts:

• All IRS representatives will always provide their official credentials, called a pocket commission and a HSPD-12 card. The HSPD-12 card is a government-wide standard form of reliable identification for federal employees and contractors. Taxpayers have the right to see these credentials. IRS employees can provide an additional method to verify their identification. Upon request, they’re able to provide a toll-free employee verification telephone number.

• Collection employees won’t demand immediate payment to a source other than “U.S. Treasury.”

• IRS employees may call taxpayers to set up appointments or discuss audits but not without first attempting to notify taxpayers by mail.

• IRS employees conducting criminal investigations are federal law enforcement agents and will never demand money.

The fact said IRS agent showed up, is all we need to know how utterly corrupt those in power are and should be hung.  Nothing but intimidation tactic by bullies. 

5 hours ago, turbguy said:

Here are the facts:

1 minute ago, Ron Wagner said:

Atheism and agnosticism are increased but Christianity is still dominant. There is a tremendous movement of Christian evangelism online and in the related churches. The ministers are top rate and "on fire."  Demons are being cast out and souls are being saved. "The darkest hour is just before dawn."  Christianity is doing well worldwide also, despite the persecution going on from Islam and communism. 

Hate to break it to ya bud, but no, Christianity is not dominant. Atheism is currently.

Base opinion on how many attend Church.    Less than 30% attend Church even once a month in the USA.

PS: Most who claim to be Christian; aren't.  All forms of Pentacostal, Vast majority of Methodists, Lutherens, Catholics, Presbyterians, 7th day adventist, etc.  Hell, most of them you walk into there is ZERO need to bring a Bible... that is a foreign book in most "Churches". 

PPS: Unless you live in Missouri.... more than likely most of the population of the state you reside in is Atheist.

• Downvote 2

(edited)

9 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Hate to break it to ya bud, but no, Christianity is not dominant. Atheism is currently.

Base opinion on how many attend Church.    Less than 30% attend Church even once a month in the USA.

PS: Most who claim to be Christian; aren't.  All forms of Pentacostal, Vast majority of Methodists, Lutherens, Catholics, Presbyterians, 7th day adventist, etc.  Hell, most of them you walk into there is ZERO need to bring a Bible... that is a foreign book in most "Churches". 

PPS: Unless you live in Missouri.... more than likely most of the population of the state you reside in is Atheist.

New WSJ NORC Poll https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ImAAhZZUpUm_KbVduhivRVCFA6E6Z4yL3MzwTBJ5ed0/edit

69% Christian

The best ministers are found online. We attend church most weeks personally. We are supposed to support each other and the needy, sick, hungry etc. 

Edited by Ron Wagner
  • Rolling Eye 1

7 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

New WSJ NORC Poll https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ImAAhZZUpUm_KbVduhivRVCFA6E6Z4yL3MzwTBJ5ed0/edit

69% Christian

The best ministers are found online. We attend church most weeks personally. We are supposed to support each other and the needy, sick, hungry etc. 

I bet you didn't read it like I did, and saved it. 

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

Dude, only 1 out of 3 even say they attend Church regularly...  Which means many of those are lying... And what it actually means is only ~1 out of 4 attend Church regularly. https://news.gallup.com/poll/350462/person-religious-service-attendance-rebounding.aspx

If you do not go to Church... sorry, you ain't Christian.

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

The media is far left wing but they call conservatives far right. I think for myself, the mainstream media is for those who don't. 

mediabiasfactcheck.com is for those who do not think for themselves.

21 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Totally agree Ron it always has and always will due to the dramatically different cultures involved, England has been fighting the French for a millenium or more for example, but Europe wasnt the topic for debate.

As far as Brexit is concerned I believe very few British people count themselves as European, we are an Island nation and that makes a big difference.

The topic is about the current clear polarisation of the USA and the responses back on this topic further demonstrate the huge divisions and mistrust from both sides of the political divide. There seems next to no middle ground to cling to. From your own responses you refuse to accept anything the democrats say or do and blame them for everything. On the other hand this is the same from the democrats to republicans. This is not a healthy situation for the global hegemon in my opinion. Surely there is good and bad policy from both sides?

Whatever your view of what happened at Capitol Hill it isnt a good look to other nations and hopefully it isnt to most Americans.

I'm probably not clued up enough to comment which is why I asked the question in the first place.

Thanks for your opinion. I agree that Brits prefer to think of themselves as Brits, but it was close on Brexit and the winner had to fight like hell for their victory and still are!

I wish you could understand how phony the Capitol Hill riots were. They were set up by the Democrats together with the FBI etc. It is obvious to anyone studying the issue. I wouldn't expect many Europeans to take the time. European news is even more leftist than American is.

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

mediabiasfactcheck.com is for those who do not think for themselves.

It is inaccurate however. 

22 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

I bet you didn't read it like I did, and saved it. 

Well... clearly YOU never read it... Page 17...

Those who claim to be religious attend...1 out of 3 claim they attend once a month or more... for ALL RELIGIONS; Mormons, Satanists, Muslim, Christian, etc.  Only 19% said they attend once a week or more.  19%!!!

Which aligns almost perfectly with my Gallup pole I showed you and other inside Church documentation which is not online that I have read.

USA is a mission field.  Europe is even worse. 

(edited)

41 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

I wish you could understand how phony the Capitol Hill riots were. They were set up by the Democrats together with the FBI etc.

You must be kidding.

Trump said "proud boys stand by" and numerous of the ashamed children have plead or been found guilty for seditious conspiracy.

Trumps current comments about how NY people should protest and his "death and destruction" threats verify his evil plans.

No "law and order" it is now "death and destruction." Trump even suggested firing all liberal government employees and only rehiring the postions in red states.

If you love the constitution you don't want trump around.

Edited by TailingsPond

37 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Well... clearly YOU never read it... Page 17...

Those who claim to be religious attend...1 out of 3 claim they attend once a month or more... for ALL RELIGIONS; Mormons, Satanists, Muslim, Christian, etc.  Only 19% said they attend once a week or more.  19%!!!

Which aligns almost perfectly with my Gallup pole I showed you and other inside Church documentation which is not online that I have read.

USA is a mission field.  Europe is even worse. 

Protestant 26
Roman Catholic 21
Mormon 1
Orthodox *
Jewish 2
Muslim 1
Buddhist 2
Hindu *
Atheist 4
Agnostic 8
Nothing in particular 12
Just Christian 20                68% identify as Christian
Unitarian 1
Something else 2
DON’T KNOW -
SKIPPED ON WEB/REFUSED -
N= 994

2 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_of_Christianity_in_the_Western_world

https://lausanne.org/content/lga/2021-03/is-christianity-shrinking-or-shifting#:~:text=Shifting from Global North to Global South The,Christian%3B in 2020%2C the figure is 32.3 percent.

Looks to me like Christianity overall is fairly stable, however there is a clear decline in Western countries (ie USA 1976 people identifying as Christian 91%, last year 64%)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Eh?

So if you are old, cant drive, cant walk, cant get public transport youre an atheist?

People can have faith and not go to church, my own grandmother was an example of this. Her father was a lay preacher and for her whole life whilst she was able to she was an active member of the church! To call someone like that an atheist is ignorant beyond belief!

These days you can watch a church service over Zoom or Teams etc etc you dont physically have to attend every week, and communion can be taken at home with the assistance of church workers.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Dude, only 1 out of 3 even say they attend Church regularly...  Which means many of those are lying... And what it actually means is only ~1 out of 4 attend Church regularly. https://news.gallup.com/poll/350462/person-religious-service-attendance-rebounding.aspx

If you do not go to Church... sorry, you ain't Christian.????

there is something wrong with you....get help

• Like 2

13 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Hilarious, your so called "fact checkers" are blatantly lying... I suggest you get a brain and start using it.  Doubtful, but we can hope.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Remember, the truth just is.

13 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

...may...

4 minutes ago, turbguy said:

...may...

Once I stated " Never let a engineer have a open checkbook" The reasoning is quite simple. To corrupt a well disciplined mind is beyond reason.

(edited)

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Once I stated " Never let a engineer have a open checkbook" The reasoning is quite simple. To corrupt a well disciplined mind is beyond reason.

If you don't like the word   ..."may"..

(which also implies the opposite).  

Too bad.

Edited by turbguy

(edited)

14 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

It is inaccurate however. 

Where, or what, are the inaccuracies?

Do you know of any other source that uses such stated rigor in their judgements?

You do not find any agreement with their distinctions listed here?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/left-vs-right-bias-how-we-rate-the-bias-of-media-sources/

I'm fairly certain you might agree with this rating:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/move-on/

Or, this one:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/national-enquirer/

Or, this one:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/occupy-democrats/

Or,this one:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

Edited by turbguy

(edited)

2 hours ago, turbguy said:

If you don't like the word   ..."may"..

(which also implies the opposite).  

Too bad.

Ahh yes " possibilities"!  Very well said Turb the fbi was so enamoured with Taibbi  testimony demonstrating the fbi&Twitter mgmt shut down the Biden laptop story they sent the IRS to personally hand Taibbi his refund...Go Figure!

Now as to may...well the possibilities are limitless...say for example Trumps 1st impeachment..Odd that to was centered squarely on Biden's business dealings.

A very wise man once said..Such Is Life.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open