Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZL

Coalition against tariffs

More than 80 trade associations formed Americans for Free Trade, a coalition opposing tariffs and highlighting the benefits of international trade to the US economy. The group will kick off its initiative next week with events in Chicago, Nashville, Tenn., Pennsylvania and Ohio to highlight the importance of global trade to the U.S. economy. Adding to its firepower, the coalition is teaming up with Farmers for Free Trade, a group backed by the nation’s largest agriculture commodity groups.

The majority of those in this coalition complaining about Trump's tarriffs were thrilled to death when he was elected. They have profited from huge tax breaks and de-regulation. Now its time to pay the piper. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JohnAtronis said:

The majority of those in this coalition complaining about Trump's tarriffs were thrilled to death when he was elected. They have profited from huge tax breaks and de-regulation. Now its time to pay the piper. 

The rural vote put him in office.

• Upvote 1

Who is funding all these new business rioters? Soros? Will the costs be passed on to consumers? It's not just the tariffs which cost, but also the effort fo politicize them. I don't necessarily support tariffs, but if you look at how the US has been taking it in the shorts for at least eight years, it was time to try to fix the problem. 

• Like 2

looks like we have new player. I would ban those business people to run for any kind of office 

JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon on Wednesday taunted President Trump, saying he could beat the president in an election because he's "smarter." "I think I could beat Trump ... because I'm as tough as he is, I'm smarter than he is," Dimon said, according to CNBC.

• Like 1

I would brag too much. JP got over 12 billion in bailout funds at zero interest.

4 hours ago, Joanna said:

looks like we have new player. I would ban those business people to run for any kind of office 

JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon on Wednesday taunted President Trump, saying he could beat the president in an election because he's "smarter." "I think I could beat Trump ... because I'm as tough as he is, I'm smarter than he is," Dimon said, according to CNBC.

Then he backtracked and apologized.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-12/dimon-says-he-could-beat-trump-in-election-because-i-m-smarter

4 hours ago, Joanna said:

Jamie Dimon belongs in jail.  The way to deal with someone so insufferably arrogant, a complete thief, is to scoop him up out of those offices on Park Avenue, put him on the Marshal Airplane to Guantanamo, and let him bunk in with, and eat breakfast with, the mujaheddin.  That should be interesting. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, Cokiga Damke said:

The rural vote put him in office.

Actually, that is only partly true. Trump won every white voter demographic.  He won proportionally more white voters with college education, more white voters in the cities, more white voters in the suburbs, more older white voters, more younger white voters - more in every single demographic. 

Hillary Clinton lost because of who she is - a Clinton:  arrogant, insufferably self-important, very badly behaved, condescending to the voters  [remember "the Deplorables"?].  The Democrats could have run some total nobody,  the Town Clerk from Secaucus, New Jersey and demolished Trump.  They ran precisely the one person on the planet that so many people have come to loathe - the Clintons. 

Trump understands that the Americans have become disgusted with Washington and the Administrative State; he calls it the Deep State.  The Administrators have lied so long and so many times that for them it is automatic and reflexive.  Trump called that "fake news."  In that sense, he was right.  The Administrative State is notorious for deflecting responsibility and putting out pablum statements intended to deflect responsibility.  And the worst offenders have been the Democrats, who habitually did that  (Remember Janet Reno and the crazies at Waco, Texas?  Janet sent in tanks to slaughter 28 little children below the age of six.  Lovely person, Janet Reno.)

Interesting that the defining moment that turned America against the concept of the Administrative State was Janet Reno going to personal war against some mentally ill person living in a walled-off building in the Texas Plains, literally in the middle of nowhere.  The Reno Administrative State was incapable of ignoring that loony.  No, he had to be "in compliance," and guess what,  Americans are quite fed up with those ideas of "compliance." 

So they voted in Mr. Trump.  Is he incompetent to do the job?  Probably.  But better that than yet another Clinton. There, in a nutshell, is how we got to where we are. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Why does (or more accurately, "did," as he is now dead in the aftermath of the tank attack)  David Koresh have to be "in compliance" with the Rules of the Administrative Deep State?  There is no rational reason for Administrators sitting in Washington to even think about some David Koresh figure.  He is out there on the far Texas Plains, in the middle of nowhere.  Have you ever been to Waco, Texas?  I have.  You drive for miles and Miles to the South of Dallas, and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - except some dusty little towns, some cattle, and flatness.  And then there is Waco, yet another tiny town, the most prominent feature being a water tower. 

So this loony goes and parks himself on a speck of land outside of town, and puts up some ramshackle building, and walls it off, and goes and sits in there with his "converts" and talks about his weird ideas of the Bible.  So who cares?  Do you care?  Do I care?  Nope.  Let him sit there all day long, who cares.  Well, Janet Reno cares.  In her view, sitting in some office building in Washington, D.C., Koresh is not "in compliance."   Just exactly what the "compliance" part was seems lost in the mists of time.  No matter; he is not "in compliance."  Therefore, time to go arrest him - except that didn't quite work out. 

So the Janet Reno forces assembled a vast Strike Team, complete with bulldozers and tanks and some form of nerve gas, and did a military-style assault, with the tanks leading the way, on the compound.  All because Koresh was not "in compliance."  So they killed him. 

Then again, the government took along another 86 people to their graves, in their zeal to make sure everyone was "in compliance." 

What a lousy government.

Does Janet Reno belong in jail for murdering 28 little children below the age of six?  I think so.  That should be good for life no parole.  She did not even get a Reprimand.  Just lovely.  

And now you know why the nation voted in someone like Trump.  

5 hours ago, 李伟王芳 said:

More than 80 trade associations formed Americans for Free Trade, a coalition opposing tariffs and highlighting the benefits of international trade to the US economy. The group will kick off its initiative next week with events in Chicago, Nashville, Tenn., Pennsylvania and Ohio to highlight the importance of global trade to the U.S. economy. Adding to its firepower, the coalition is teaming up with Farmers for Free Trade, a group backed by the nation’s largest agriculture commodity groups.

Who makes up these "trade associations"?  Hourly workers, laid off workers, any workers?  Oh, it's management you say?  Trade associations ON BEHALF of and paid for by management/corporate?  Aha.  "Adding to its firepower, the coalition is teaming up with Farmers for Free Trade, a group backed by the nation’s largest agriculture commodity groups."  Double Aha!  Again, are there any farmers in attendance?  Let's say any farmers with "farms" less than 100,000 acres, or 50,000 acres even?  Any livestock "farmers" with ranches smaller than 100,000 head of dairy cows/ beef stock cattle/swine?  I see...

And finally, why choose to have your events in cities?  Aha, because that is where the tv cameras are, that is where the corporate headquarters are, that is where the bought and paid for union leaders have their headquarter too.  I see....

These "trade associations" can do this kind of thing once, maybe twice, and then they had better hope the rest of the farmers, the ones all of us think of when someone uses the term farmers, show up and kick some serious trade association butt for misrepresenting the American farmers.  It is stated in other comments that the rural vote and the white vote put Trump in office.  I would argue that it was not only the rural vote or the whites, but you can bet your ass that both of them did have the main impact.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Why does (or more accurately, "did," as he is now dead in the aftermath of the tank attack)  David Koresh have to be "in compliance" with the Rules of the Administrative Deep State?  There is no rational reason for Administrators sitting in Washington to even think about some David Koresh figure.  He is out there on the far Texas Plains, in the middle of nowhere.  Have you ever been to Waco, Texas?  I have.  You drive for miles and Miles to the South of Dallas, and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - except some dusty little towns, some cattle, and flatness.  And then there is Waco, yet another tiny town, the most prominent feature being a water tower. 

Don't forget there was a Bush ranch not far away.  I agree with the rest of what you have written 100%.  It has been my opinion for many years that Janet Reno is also responsible, to a very large extent, for sowing mistrust of our federal law enforcement apparatus and its agents.  We had never seen them so armored up before, and importantly, this was on U.S. soil.  Since that time the local authorities have followed suit (get it?  Armor?) and that does not make everyone think the government and LE have wholly good intentions.  Don't get me wrong, LE absolutely needs modern tools and equipment to face their day to day challenges, but they proved under Janet Reno that they need to be watched very closely indeed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnAtronis said:

look at how the US has been taking it in the shorts for at least eight years

I think you meant to type "twenty years".  Because the US has been taking in the shorts since the 90s.  Legitimate concerns about trade reform were brought up by the US Congress back in 2001, but when 9/11 happened, other things took priority, and the US has been taking it in the shorts ever since.

9 hours ago, 李伟王芳 said:

a coalition opposing tariffs and highlighting the benefits of international trade to the US economy.

What "benefits" are these of which you speak?  Can anyone post a link or fill me in on the details of the "benefits"?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 李伟王芳 said: