Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

"No Apologies for Oil Support"

"Canada’s top climate change official on Thursday said she would make no apologies for the nation’s support for its oil producers, saying environmental and economic policies must consider the needs of all Canadians."

The world needs more politicians like this, rational rather than ruled by ideology. I'm sure someone will now burst my bubble but I'll enjoy it while I can, thank you.

• Like 3

Smart woman apparently she's not intimidated or influenced by the media or by people talking about these subjects that have no idea what they're talking about it's the old monkey see monkey do. Oil will be around for a long time we are not even near being ready for a hundred percent renewable energy it will be a long time.

• Like 2

I wouldn't place that much faith on Catharine McKenna.  She is and remains a Liberal Party Loyalist, ready to take one for the team.  At this point, having just spent some $4.5 billion of taxpayer money buying up the Kinder Morgan pipeline project, and having that go down the drain with a great big flush by the Supreme Court of Canada, the Liberals either make Alberta Oil (and tar sands) projects viable, or they are out the door with a great big flush. 

Remember, this is the same Party that wants to introduce a punishing Carbon Tax on the population, which I predict will have long-ranging consequences including the further collapse of Ontario manufacturing.  The "carbon tax" is Liberal Party mantra, mostly to cater to the ideologues on the far left wing.  

What this does point out, however, is the extreme pressure that the Liberals find themselves under.  As I have set forth in these columns previously, the international price of oil is irrelevant to Liberal Party requirements; that Alberta Oil has to have a market and a buyer, or the Party sinks.  So, they will find a market for it, even if that market is artificial and internal, displacing cheaper imports  (likely from the USA). 

I truly dont understand ecology movement in Norway or Canada. Do they want to earn a huge amount of money because they will be a big net exporter of hydrocarbons in foreeseble future or not?