Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CM

Audi Launches E-Tron Electric SUV With $74,800 Starting Price

After years of teasing with concept vehicles and prototypes, Audi has finally launched the production version of the e-tron electric SUV in the US. A 0-60 time of 5.5 seconds, a top speed of 124 mph, maximum drive torque achieved in a quarter of a second. A special ‘Edition One’ is hitting the market first in Q2 2019 at $86,700 before incentives and it will be followed by a base version starting at $74,800.

ukabce0jz0ocly5uaahr.jpg

Nice, I love Audi exterior and interior designs. Not the biggest fan of that grill but I could live with it. 

Audi are following the market, not leading it. However I think they will do fine with this offer, but not in the US.  Model X is a true American SUV, and eTron is more Euro-sized. 

Looks like an Audi. Priced like an Audi. 150kw charging. Estimated 250 mile range. The price will be a barrier, but looks to be pretty much as promised.

The eTron will have to contend with Model 3.  40% more range, more speed, more seats, less weight for less money. And with seats folded, Model 3 can store an impressive amount. The Audi is taller by quite a bit, but a lot of it is unrealized due to the thicker battery. Using the same "less is more" logic really makes Model 3 look like a competitor.