AV

Famous Musk's Tweet Puts Tesla Under Criminal Investigation

Federal prosecutors are investigating Tesla after CEO Elon Musk's short-lived campaign to take the company private. The U.S. Justice Department launched the probe after Musk stunned investors in August by tweeting he had "funding secured" to turn the electric-vehicle maker into a private company.

The move comes as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is also reportedly investigating the company for potential civil violations.

• Like 1

Investigation secured.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Investigation secured.

🤣

Frankly, an exemption should be issued for the nut-cases in society.  Let the SEC issue a Statement to Investors:   "Upon due consideration, we determine that Elon Musk is off his rocker and anything he says may be assumed by investors to be the unreliable rantings of the delusional." 

That way, old Elon can go on and on, and the taxpayers don't have to spend money on doing bureaucratic investigations, which are going to result in the Finding that Elon is manic, and his rantings cannot form the basis for investment decisions, which everybody knows by now.  And then if you want to support the Grand Vision hey you can still chip in some bucks, but then it is a discretionary expenditure, same as going to Vegas for a good time. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Frankly, an exemption should be issued for the nut-cases in society.  Let the SEC issue a Statement to Investors:   "Upon due consideration, we determine that Elon Musk is off his rocker and anything he says may be assumed by investors to be the unreliable rantings of the delusional." 

I think this is a very reasonable suggestion. It'll save so much trouble.

20 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

That way, old Elon can go on and on, and the taxpayers don't have to spend money on doing bureaucratic investigations, which are going to result in the Finding that Elon is manic, and his rantings cannot form the basis for investment decisions, which everybody knows by now.  And then if you want to support the Grand Vision hey you can still chip in some bucks, but then it is a discretionary expenditure, same as going to Vegas for a good time. 

I'm new here, but this sounds as totally reasonable!  I am impressed at the thought cycle here!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, derchef69 said:

I'm new here, but this sounds as totally reasonable!  I am impressed at the thought cycle here!

Robert, Oilprice.com has attracted thousands of really bight guys, so that makes the Discussion forum so interesting.  Now, be sure to chime in with some fascinating posts of your own!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2