Marina Schwarz

The Touching Story of a First Nation that Sued Trans Mountain

Okay, I just love the whole Trans Mountain saga. Here's the latest.

In the Trans Mountain feud, a B.C. First Nation paves its own path of resistance and prosperity

"The community members were pioneers in real estate development on reserve lands, putting high-end condos and townhouses on a forested section of their land in North Vancouver. Million-dollar homes now line the hill in the Raven Woods development on the North Shore, with priceless views of Burrard Inlet, and crews are working on the next phase."

"The nation has blended a prudent fiscal approach to business with a spiritual commitment to their environment."

"Protecting the nation’s modern-day holdings is the framework for the anti-tanker stand. Industrial development of fossil fuels is not compatible, the Tsleil-Waututh say, with the clean, green development values that make property in Raven Woods so valuable."

Awwww.

11 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Okay, I just love the whole Trans Mountain saga. Here's the latest.

In the Trans Mountain feud, a B.C. First Nation paves its own path of resistance and prosperity

"The community members were pioneers in real estate development on reserve lands, putting high-end condos and townhouses on a forested section of their land in North Vancouver. Million-dollar homes now line the hill in the Raven Woods development on the North Shore, with priceless views of Burrard Inlet, and crews are working on the next phase."

"The nation has blended a prudent fiscal approach to business with a spiritual commitment to their environment."

"Protecting the nation’s modern-day holdings is the framework for the anti-tanker stand. Industrial development of fossil fuels is not compatible, the Tsleil-Waututh say, with the clean, green development values that make property in Raven Woods so valuable."

Awwww.

The North Shore is getting very expensive, 3,5,10 and 20 mil $ homes! you can see the beautifully lit tankers hauling fossil fuels from those bluffs and shores @ night from inside those multi million dollar homes floor to ceiling glass windows! and take a sip of a nice Louis Treis, enjoying the smell of crude in the evening air from the 500k$ deck of the house!

• Like 2

Well, this sounds like high-end living indeed! The sights and smells of nature. Also, I'm sure the development has not affected the environment in the least because green construction and everything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Also, I'm sure the development has not affected the environment in the least because green construction and everything. 

"Environmentalate" is a Canadian word meaning "kill it with excessive and unnecessary environmental regulations and litigation".

(Not really, I invented the definition, but it seems appropriate.)

• Like 2

Ah, a touch of realisticity (my latest, thank you).

• Like 2

Trans Mountain oil pipeline expansion opponents call on Trudeau to extend review

"But one First Nation leader at a downtown Vancouver news conference on Tuesday acknowledged that no process would be satisfactory because they want the project stopped.

“The short answer is no,” said Union of B.C. Indian Chiefs president Stewart Philip, in response to whether there was any review process that would satisfy him."

Using my rudimentary expertise in clinical psychology I'd politely call all this irrational.

9 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Trans Mountain oil pipeline expansion opponents call on Trudeau to extend review

"But one First Nation leader at a downtown Vancouver news conference on Tuesday acknowledged that no process would be satisfactory because they want the project stopped.

“The short answer is no,” said Union of B.C. Indian Chiefs president Stewart Philip, in response to whether there was any review process that would satisfy him."

Using my rudimentary expertise in clinical psychology I'd politely call all this irrational.

Oooh, oooh, I can answer this one! 

dbcdced37b4f8a23fd6c21774b38673628b3d74f20b492157d31b19bff4d16a3.gif

I'm already bootling in my trembs, as per T. Pratchett.