Beowulf

A NEW MECHANISM TO SKIRT U.S. SANCTIONS?

So, now we learn that the EU has developed a "new mechanism" to trade with Iran, circumventing U.S. sanctions...Really? 

Is it possible that they imagine the U.S. will allow such a scheme to operate without consequences? The point is NOT the mechanism, but the goal of it, which is to deceive the U.S. The warning is clear: Anyone doing business with Iran will be barred from doing business with the U.S., apart of other sundry sanctions.

For heaven's sake! These kind of things make you think that EU officials have lost their collective minds and most should be let go. The problem is that these morons are unelected by country members, so to fire them, it must be an "inside job". Not likely in a bloated bureaucracy which is the epitome of an "old boy network".....

Should they persist with this plan, they are going to fall flat on their faces, and will have to sound an ignoble retreat, after the culprits are sanctioned and barred from doing any business in the U.S.

Even so, I expect that these EU officials will continue earning their undeserved salaries, perks, etc. Sad.

The EU officials don't seem to understand the Iranian threat. Or maybe because they're unelected officials in a non-democratic institution they sympathize with the Mullahs.

9 hours ago, Beowulf said:

So, now we learn that the EU has developed a "new mechanism" to trade with Iran, circumventing U.S. sanctions...Really? 

Is it possible that they imagine the U.S. will allow such a scheme to operate without consequences? The point is NOT the mechanism, but the goal of it, which is to deceive the U.S. The warning is clear: Anyone doing business with Iran will be barred from doing business with the U.S., apart of other sundry sanctions.

For heaven's sake! These kind of things make you think that EU officials have lost their collective minds and most should be let go. The problem is that these morons are unelected by country members, so to fire them, it must be an "inside job". Not likely in a bloated bureaucracy which is the epitome of an "old boy network".....

Should they persist with this plan, they are going to fall flat on their faces, and will have to sound an ignoble retreat, after the culprits are sanctioned and barred from doing any business in the U.S.

Even so, I expect that these EU officials will continue earning their undeserved salaries, perks, etc. Sad.

Why is EU such a disaster? because of their failed policies ...

On 9/29/2018 at 6:08 AM, JunoTen said:

The EU officials don't seem to understand the Iranian threat.

I lived in the Middle East for years, and I don't understand it, at least not as presented in the American press. I am far more concerned with fundamentalism from the Sunnis. Bush43 was a complete bonehead de-stabilizing the area, which helped trigger the migration crises with has messed with Europe. IMHO the worst foreign policy decision of my adult life. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John Foote said:

I lived in the Middle East for years, and I don't understand it, at least not as presented in the American press. I am far more concerned with fundamentalism from the Sunnis. Bush43 was a complete bonehead de-stabilizing the area, which helped trigger the migration crises with has messed with Europe. IMHO the worst foreign policy decision of my adult life. 

The Iranian people is not a problem, it's the Mullahs that are a problem.

7 hours ago, JunoTen said:

The Iranian people is not a problem, it's the Mullahs that are a problem.

Absolutely, but they don't make efforts to project power out of the region. The 9-11 crowd is funded from the other side of the Gulf.

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2018 at 10:46 AM, Beowulf said:

In as much as US has a right to protect its interest and that of its imagined world, there is always another way of solving these issues than measured that makes the whole world jittery. Confrontation and the morons slurs result from the excess love of one self and the belief that everyone loves you. US must learn at least respect alternative views without being very angry and making everyone nervous.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, John Foote said:

Absolutely, but they don't make efforts to project power out of the region. The 9-11 crowd is funded from the other side of the Gulf.

Far easier to blame a country you have not control over than admit you are actually backing the country that harbours the religon that is trying to bring you down and actaully attacking your home country. The American public only want black and white, grey for them is too difficult.