JJ

WTI @ $75.75, headed for $64 - 67

Problem is crude moves so fast, that you dont want take too much of a risk. and getting just a 50 cent move, was ok for my first day of pain with crude. Basically used my fx system on crude, and it looks like it will work out fine.

Crude most likely will touch 74 in asian and by morrow go below 73, hope i can catch this fast moving train on the way downtown. But trading it right now would be good if i go long, for a quick buck. I might jump in long here. form 73.3

the way im looking at this is crude is down 2 bucks for the day, thats like 70 cents more than normal, it hit my  target well below, i see crude overshoots the targets big time. Why would crude go down now further, any oversupply news? no. so the shorts will need to cover and that will zip it up. as long as the selloff is indeed over. that is the question.

Ok i got the trade. I think most would say it has to go up, its kind of obvious. But its a risk. So we need for one more drop to clean out these smart traders, and then go long. If it happens ok, no, no trade.

How we perf on the lateral is  much more aggressive unlike in the past when we perforated - like the frack, new way of thinking and use of  huge fracks to open tight zones.  

16 hours ago, catch22 said:

Well, the Eu/London session is closed and this beauty is heading downwards across the support line. Will end up at 82.50, I guess. Some losses.... but wait! it bounced back. Will see how tomorrow's session opens.

• Like 1

now long 3 73.10, i see how they play this now, very sneaky

So i knew they would bring it up, but they faked me out, wont happen again, now up $400

very sneaky how they do thing, but is ok, i catch on quick up 1300 for day, even with 1 loss

1 hour ago, Top Oil Trader said:

Dan could have make nother 2k, pretty upset didnt follow my 1st target, but saw it willy dally so got out. morrow will be another day

Top Oil Trader,

Are you spread betting or CFD ?

(edited)

NONO the future contract CLX8 all day did 7 round trips. taking a rest the moves are crazy

Edited by Top Oil Trader

would say its 10x faster than the eur, so u better be right

Dear JJ, I'm kind of confused. It sounds like this is the first time you're trading WTI. These moves are quite common, even though this month will be more volatile due to...well, many factors actually.

(edited)

Nope 3rd time. I did only long short, so i wasnt in and out. Then last month i was going to day trade, and that was a mistake. Today i tried again and wow.

may take a rest for now. I am a swing trader, but i must say it is fast and u better be right. i may not trade it again from what i see, though i netted 1300 today. but maybe i just caught it right, not for me to gamble. 

Edited by Top Oil Trader
  • Upvote 1

I have been away for few days and why is going on with the current WTI drop? It’s so nice to see  a major down trend, but anyone can give me a bit insights of why? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Top Oil Trader said:

we are just so suprised as you

@Osama Just shared this link/news, which may explain it:

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Saudis-To-Boost-Oil-Supply-To-India-As-Iran-Sanctions-Kick-In.html

This came as a surprise:

Saudi Arabia is set to deliver extra 4 million barrels of its oil to India in November, Reuters reported on Wednesday, citing several sources familiar with the plans, in what could be a Saudi move to replace the loss of Iranian barrels due to the U.S. sanctions on Tehran returning early next month.

We saw on chart about 2 weeks ago that wti would go down, so  we jumped on it. thats all , we dont know why its going down, or if it will continues to go down, we can only pray and hope. I guess the story Osama brought out may explain part of it.

1 minute ago, Top Oil Trader said:

We saw on chart about 2 weeks ago that wti would go down, so  we jumped on it. thats all , we dont know why its going down, or if it will continues to go down, we can only pray and hope. I guess the story Osama brought out may explain part of it.

Can a chart from 2 weeks ago really be related to this?

(edited)

indeed good point. I must be in the wrong forum. Isnt this "the best of show" forum?

Edited by Top Oil Trader

Oil is indeed tough to trade.  Over here losing money on a long when the Dow is losing 830 points, 3.15%, on the day.  Could have been shorting the Dow index if I'd have been out of oil and paying attention.  Woe is me.

• Like 1

(edited)

Dan are you saying the dow trade, slipped out of your hand like some slick oil? And now all your left with is some slick oil? PS. JJ please dont laugh at the misfortune of others, or we will be forced to send you, to New Jersey. Not everything is a joke, yes its funny, but please not everything we think do we have to say out loud. Chat supervisor. wink

Edited by Top Oil Trader
  • Upvote 1

so i missed this short oh well. maybe well try again later.

• Like 1