Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KT

Careful eye on anti-government protests in Iran

I read how many of the young people who have BA can't live like their peers around the world. Try to live with $ 216 knowing that you may not get paid next month or there is a bigger chance that dollar price will go higher and you will be having less purchasing power. It's Iran today.

(edited)

I think the Iranian regime should not underestimate the protestors or the oil workers. While they claim the protests are over, I'm guessing the unhappy people are still unhappy.

Edited by Rodent

Isolating nations only empowers negativity. I believe how are people from Iran unhappy last 20 years. But, regime still exist. Doesn't exist a critical number of "unhappy people" needed for change.

I found an interesting comparison.

Iran (2009) the protests before these:
1m smartphone owners
11.9% unemployed
17.4m under age 15
$5,419 GDP per capita
10,000 rials=$1

Iran (2017) 
48m smartphone owners
12.6% unemployed
19.1m under age 15
$5,252 GDP per capita
35,000 rials=$1

Khamenei is a megalomaniac. There is the natural desire of the megalomaniac to hang on to power until the last possible minute and not to take the slightest risk of losing it. He has no support at home, but has power and QODS. 

Generally, people in Iran lives without elementary human rights, enough money for a normal life, freedom of speach, free medias, etc... In my opinion main demand is “Khamenee Let go of Iran”. People after nearly 40 years don't want this brutal regime.

Usual command economy issues, high youth unemployment, especially amongst women, and subsidies on food and fuel being withdrawn for the poor... No doubt, this is to long process for Iranians and regime and clerical elite can't survive. Now, time is not ally, but that day will come.

Iran was spending more money on wars (Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Yemen) and supporting terrorist groups than on own people.

The beginning of an end....who knows?

Sum of summary
Everything started in Mashhad, second largest city in country  

image.png.1f316a3196284932e974f2fc27247f1c.png

President of Iran, Hassan Rouhani today was in "very democratic moody". "No one is innocent and people are allowed to criticize everyone" In the same time, many of the protestants are in the jail, the other were killed ...

The muulahs have nowhere to run, they have make a stand, their fantasy is collapsing around them. Now they need to be strung up. This is always the result when religion goes from a personal endeavor to group profiteering

While Rouhani spoke about democracy, regime has ordered all governmental staff and their first degree family members to take part in the propaganda rallies against Iran Protesters .They are threatened to participate, if they don't they will lose their jobs. Someone put this document.

image.png

Is this surprising for someone? The one thing that surprises me is that the Iranian regime's threat is limited to job loss.

Freedom of speech and medias doesn't exist in Iran. It's a main reason why iranians can't hear anything what is in opposite with official government attitudes. It's a main advantages of Rouhani's and cler regime. This letter, probably millions of people in that country never will see...

This could be very interesting. History is so important in Iranian civilization and as we know, they were cradle of civilization... But, coincidentally, I found something what is important for today date, and it's in connection with Iran history.

"On January 8th 1936 the Iranian King RezaShah the father of modern Iran and the arch-enemy of the islamic clerics, banned the hijab for all women in Iran. Queen Mother, Taj-ol-Moluk Ayrom-lou (his wife) was the first women to lead by example.."

Women were crucial part of Iranian government, during king Reza. Indeed, some of them were part of democratic state. One of the honorable women was Dr. Farrokhroo Parsa who became the Minister of Education under. The tragedy of all this; she was executed by the Mullahs right after the revolution in 1979....

Now and last 40 years in Iran, the mullahs have declared every woman as being equal to two men..... Why, just they know. 

I'll let the women chime in on that one ... but I see 3700 protesters have been arrested. Khamenei (aside from blaming the US) is also saying that the protesters' demand really need to be addressed. I'm sure these protests are real and not orchestrated by external powers, and I'm sure the Iranians aren't looking necessarily for all-out regime change, but for their actual demands to be taken seriously. They tried to let the ballot box sort this out and were patient ...

I just read excellent itw with exiled Iranian royal Reza Pahlavi. In last protests in Iran he sees chance to end the Islamic Republic. Maybe too optimistic, but it a make a sense

Regime must be removed from power and replaced by secular politicians. That is the only chance for Iran and their better future

I hope he will be better for his country than his father was, in the end. That’s how the Ayatollahs gained political influence in the first place. It wasn't be perfect political system, but it was plural society. After that (1979) - dark. 

I agree with you Pav. If the people of Iran are successful and remove this murderous regime, Iran will never allow this to happen again. I hope anyway. The pendulum went too far.

Some of the Iranians have sent this message: "The regime will fall only if these companies pull out. Call on these companies CEO to stop empowering the regime!"
Companies:
Daimler
Siemens
Volkswagen
Hermes...

Every action has got a reaction...as newton said. Everybody saw the action in country... now people waiting for the reaction and world must have same approach..