Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

What's Next for Miners?

Another quarter, another loss for the mining sector but going forward, opinions seem to differ rather dramatically. Some see a recovery around the corner and others expect more gloom and doom. what say you, community members?

I am with the view expressed in the article
“Emerging markets remain somewhat stressed. If you are looking for emerging markets and China for growth to rebound and get a better story out of industrial metals, I don’t think we are there yet." 
Problem is I fear we are nearing the end of this economic cycle so am very wary of investing in mining full stop. I have a long term holding in BHP Billiton for the dividend rather than growth and am currently looking at gold miners that pay a dividend, I had Randgold but have sold it now due to the currency issue when Barrick take over but am buying Anglo Asian Mining a low cost gold miner whpo have just started paying a large dividend. I am assuming the market will turn for gold as the economic outlook weakens and hopefully the $, if I am wrong I still get the dividend and keep waiting as gold will rise again at some point.

• Like 1