50 shades of black

U.N. About Climate Change: World Must Take 'Unprecedented' Steps To Avert Worst Effects

13 hours ago, Rod Van Mechelen said:

Those refuting the IPCC Report and the 97% consensus are correct. Climate changes, always has. Sacrificing virgins to the weather gods or our standard of living to Al Gore won't change that. Global warming ended in 1998. Global cooling began in 2015, with the beginning of the Grand Solar Minimum. We are now entering a prolonged cold spell, which the AGW alarmists will twist around to attribute to human activity and greenhouse gasses. But keep in mind that CO2 is a trace gas, and that water vapor comprises 95 percent of the greenhouse gases and accounts for 75 percent of the greenhouse effect.

No, the science is solid. The consensus is real. If you have any doubt, ask anyone who lives in Miami. We should be entering a cooling period because of the sun but since you failed to notice, Temps have not come down. 

• Like 2

@Rodent  I'm laughing too hard to be a proper moderator right now.  Any helpful tips for me to behave better?  Should I recuse myself from this thread?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

@Rodent  I'm laughing too hard to be a proper moderator right now.  Any helpful tips for me to behave better?  Should I recuse myself from this thread?

I got nothing...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bill the Science Nerd said:

For our founding fathers, make sure you read the whole thing and not just the parts you like.

http://factmyth.com/factoids/americas-founding-fathers-were-liberals/

I appreciate that you afforded me a link, and now I agree with you.  If we use the definitions provided in your link, then clearly the Founding Fathers were liberals.  This is because the definitions in the link you provided are pretty clear: the link defines conservatives as anyone who supported the King of England during the Revolution, and it defines everyone else as some kind of liberal.  When one uses those definitions, then of course the Founding Fathers were liberals! 

However, today, we use very different definitions for conservatives and liberals, and so when you said the Founding Fathers were liberals, I had falsely imagined you were using today's definition, which goes something like this:

"Liberals believe in affirmative action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all.   They believe it is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills, and to accomplish this, they must have big government to pay for it all."

I believe the Founding Fathers disagreed with this above definition.  They did not support affirmative action, nor did they believe the government was responsible for things like heath care and feeding the poor.  This is why I disagreed with you before.  However, if we instead define liberalism as "opposing the King of England," then I most certainly agree that the Founding Fathers were definitively liberals!

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Coincidence that you mention Flat Earthers, they amuse me endlessly.  Matter of fact I'm trying to piece together my first blog post here on Oil Price forum. 

Hi Tom!  Make sure you link me in this when you get it going!  I sure don't want to miss it.  Also, thank you for posting these wonderful NPC memes:

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

747fdff13ad217b7f1ad7ccdcfd1d58cb03da94f7a913548c8351c0769bfacc9.jpg

8c5e3dc6bd04cae03959071cde1ac75ca8e2cbb05184e2c8a44cc410597de5c9.png

1107db626ff65aae4005708982dc677f7f6d59b5d2e7c5b595315df0e461d22f.png

I'll attach one for you!  I hope you enjoy it. 

npc.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/17/2018 at 11:23 AM, Epic said:

Hi Tom!  Make sure you link me in this when you get it going!  I sure don't want to miss it.  Also, thank you for posting these wonderful NPC memes:

I'll attach one for you!  I hope you enjoy it. 

Thanks Epic.  I've spent so much time on the Chan boards the last few days, helping fuel the NPC meme fire.  It's hilarious.

After being immersed (more than usual lately) in the absolute anarchy of the chan boards, where pretty much anything and everything goes, I get a real kick of amusement at anyone who tries to get me to stop questioning "authority" on ordinary forums (such as on LinkedIn).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bill the Science Nerd said:

You haven't bothered to try to dispute anything you liar. 

How old are you?  I know you are, but what am I?  You liar.  The next phase, if you are lucky, is dating.

You show your own reflection. It just bothers you that your dogma is no longer unopposed. 

I know you are, but what am I?

Because you are. You are no longer unopposed.

Look at me!

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect)."

- Mark Twain

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Epic said:

I appreciate that you afforded me a link, and now I agree with you.  If we use the definitions provided in your link, then clearly the Founding Fathers were liberals.  This is because the definitions in the link you provided are pretty clear: the link defines conservatives as anyone who supported the King of England during the Revolution, and it defines everyone else as some kind of liberal.  When one uses those definitions, then of course the Founding Fathers were liberals! 

However, today, we use very different definitions for conservatives and liberals, and so when you said the Founding Fathers were liberals, I had falsely imagined you were using today's definition, which goes something like this:

"Liberals believe in affirmative action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all.   They believe it is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills, and to accomplish this, they must have big government to pay for it all."

I believe the Founding Fathers disagreed with this above definition.  They did not support affirmative action, nor did they believe the government was responsible for things like heath care and feeding the poor.  This is why I disagreed with you before.  However, if we instead define liberalism as "opposing the King of England," then I most certainly agree that the Founding Fathers were definitively liberals!

It is not that different. What made them liberal then was the recognition of natural rights, acceptance of science as a guide, and recognize that change is sometimes necessary. What makes current conservatives the same is the rejection of science when it conflicts with their desire to keep things the same. Given the current state of the climate, this makes them dangerous to the world.

Hello gentleman, would you please brief  me current oil prices why sudden boost in prices & how long will it continues, btw current prices doesn't effect the job market.

20 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Wow.  

I've run into fanatical climate change true believers who blindly and unquestioningly believe the "humans are destroying the earth with climate change" dogma.  Very similar unquestioning zealots to the "keep oil in the ground" and "oil pipelines are evil" mobs.  And Antifa mobs.

It is apparent that I will never be able to break through this type of unquestioning NPC programming.

f2c136f868f7820180ee54eb05c7aebf6c882f016dae5d7660257e85747ff099.jpg

Yes that "climate change dogma" is just like those crazy astronomers that think the Earth is somewhat spherical and travels around the Sun once each year, someone should put those guys under house arrest. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei

20181018_074645.jpg

For those of you who think I have never previously done extensive digging on the topic of "climate change is caused primarily by humans"...

A few years ago I was a moderator on the now defunct Oilpro forum.  As the name implies, the forum was unabashedly pro oil and gas.

As a moderator, on most threads, I didn't have much to do as far as gently warning the occasional outburst to play nice with others.  As a mod, my biggest game was finding and banning the endless stream of scammer and spammer bots.

The "environmental" threads, however, tended to get pretty preachy by true believers who demanded that all and sundry bow down and worship the god of climate change dogma.  My eyes would glaze over after reading the same, endless arguments umpteen hundreds of times.  I have read many articles and scientific papers on the subject, and have noticed the agenda of hyping and distorting the "results".  Al Gore is the perfect spokesperson for climate change apocalypse - a first rate snake oil salesman (who also happened to invent the internet).

So when I comment on "environmental" threads that I am a skeptic, I mean it.  I'm not some hillbilly hick denier.  I've looked at the data ... extensively.  And I remain unconvinced that climate change (either warming or cooling or otherwise) is caused primarily by humans.  Have a gander on Google about cow farts (seriously).

I plan to address this a bit more this weekend.

• Like 1

image.png.d5e4dc7b55ddc894d170ce7759b595b3.png

Arizona ?... Niger ? ... Kazakhstan ?.....  No...  Switzerland !

This is the Bret lake used as a water reservoir for the city of  Lausanne after a hot summer with less rainy days.

Usually it should be like that :

image.thumb.png.8789020fa6f4f622672f4248bdc9102c.png

• Like 1

5fdef59d2a3dd7dd977ec77c3f93e812db9b5f64a930cac725c16ee9c8c84809.jpeg

I bet @50 shades of black is sorry they started this thread. Let's move on. Locked.