Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

A Post-Brexit "Horror" with Rodent Hairs and Maggots

As a Brit who has adopted the USA as his home none of this surprises me. Many EU regulations drove us bonkers over there with their unrealistically high requirements. Do you believe that the human race got to where it is today without eating some of the above unmentionables? Heck, some are even regarded as delicacies in other parts of the World. 

4 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Insect-filled chocolates, rat hair noodles, and maggoty orange juice: The reality of a Brexit trade deal with Trump

Well, Americans, what have you got to say for yourselves?

(It does my heart good to see how difficult it has become to distinguish satire headlines from real ones. It's entertaining, to say the least.)

Please. Drama!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John Gammage said:

As a Brit who has adopted the USA as his home none of this surprises me. Many EU regulations drove us bonkers over there with their unrealistically high requirements. Do you believe that the human race got to where it is today without eating some of the above unmentionables? Heck, some are even regarded as delicacies in other parts of the World. 

John, that article was satire!

You can relax, unwind with a cold beer.....

(edited)

Since when is Business Insider the new Newsthump? I didn't think it was. And I actually see nothing wrong with having maximum allowable anything. Does anyone kid themselves you can completely prevent insect or rat parts from entering some foods? Please.

Also, the whine about meat rotting at British ports after Brexit was decidedly non-satirical. Rodent's right, it's the DRAMA that sells, so let's have it as loud and ridiculous as we can. And the anti-brexiteers considered themselves the voice of reason.

Edited by Marina Schwarz
  • Upvote 1