Who's Ready For The Next Contest?

The turnout for The Great Oil Price Prediction Challenge was amazing! I know you're all anxious to see who will get to flaunt their forecasting prowess (and who will be the lucky winner of that barrel of slime and who will win the grand prize of a year's subscription to Oil Price's premium content.) But alas, we must wait until January to find out who won.

But what shall we do in the meantime? Another contest! What ideas do ya'll have for the next contest we should run? I'm sure some of your creative minds will come up with something brilliant. Have at it!

Winning idea gets a barrel of slime. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Iranian oil sales for November.
Could be tricky finding out the actual number mind you.

• Like 1

Keeping in mind that Morgan Stanley is calling a "regime change" for equities (a shift away from favoring growth stocks to favoring value stocks), maybe we could have a contest to bet on the biggest energy stock gainers for Q4 ... large-cap, mid-cap, small-cap, but must be an oil and gas company (any stream). My two cents ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

really??? no takers? I really wanted that barrel of slime. back to the drawing board

On 10/10/2018 at 4:30 PM, Rodent said:

Winning idea gets a barrel of slime. 

What flavour? I need to know before I deploy my precious brain.

Dearest Marina, I believe it is tar flavor :) and will stick to your teeth. 

My idea for the next contest would be to bet on the percentage gain or loss for WTI on the day of mid-term elections (by the close of US markets on that day. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

What flavour? I need to know before I deploy my precious brain.

This ain't Baskin Robins, Baby!! Just one flavor served here at Oilprice: OIL. 

1539272065578.JPEG

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dowmike said:

Dearest Marina, I believe it is tar flavor :) and will stick to your teeth. 

My idea for the next contest would be to bet on the percentage gain or loss for WTI on the day of mid-term elections (by the close of US markets on that day. 

Great idea, dowmike!

Oh, well, you could've thrown in a pinch of ethylene for variety's sake but I'll work with what you give me.

How about Brent-WTI spread on December 22? We should have Iranian figures by then.

• Like 2

would that overlap with the current contest?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0