rainman

Closing the circle around Saudi Arabia: Where did Khashoggi disappear?

(edited)

CIA?

Edited by Refman

so, they're going to admit guilt but say they aren't guilty ... right now it's a game of how to get MbS off the hook, which is why I guess everyone's talking to the king right now instead. So a "rendition" gone bad (really bad since he apparently got dismembered along the way). 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, TraderTate said:

so, they're going to admit guilt but say they aren't guilty ... right now it's a game of how to get MbS off the hook, which is why I guess everyone's talking to the king right now instead. So a "rendition" gone bad (really bad since he apparently got dismembered along the way). 

Sounds like it, they'll throw the "interrogators" under the proverbial bus, and probably execute them to stop them from talking. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Refman said:

Sounds like it, they'll throw the "interrogators" under the proverbial bus, and probably execute them to stop them from talking. 

Certainly.  Would you like it done yesterday?  What works for your foreign media, sir?  Just tell Ali here and he'll see to it that you get what you want.  Back to the harem, boys!  Woohoo!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Epic said:

Interesting article.  It mentions that Khashoggi knew about deep state actors and their role in 9-11.  Considering Trump's war against the swamp, I'd bet money that the US was behind whatever happened to him inside the consulate.  The only question is which side snagged him?  If the deep state was behind it, then there is no way that poor Khashoggi made it out alive.  If Trump's men got him, then you can rest assured he is now safe and well, spilling the beans, and Trump/MbS's recent actions are just cover.  If the later, I'd sure hate to be a deep state operative right now.  Can you say military tribunal?

CNN = also known as CIA's disinformation machine.  Where did Anderson Cooper intern before he went to CNN?

probably some gay nightclub?

3 minutes ago, TomTom said:

probably some gay nightclub?

Maybe, but that's never been an issue with me.  What Anderson does or does not do with his life is no concern of mine.

Probably his mother that prepared him for being in front of a camera.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloria_Vanderbilt

But back to why I asked the question.  @Epic said "Where did Anderson Cooper intern before he went to CNN?"  And I took that to mean that he had something of interest to impart with us about where he interned.  Epic?

(edited)

8 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

I don't know, where?

He worked for the CIA. 

Also, do you find it strange that someone without a background or college degree in journalism like Cooper has now become the journalistic face of CNN, one of America's most trusted news sources?  I mean, it is clear that Cooper is talented, but with his talent and his connections from the CIA, Cooper could choose to do just about anything...

Of course, that is the question, isn't it? 

Did he choose?  Or was he assigned?

edit: I guess I should provide a source:

http://edition.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/2006/09/my-summer-job-nearly-20-years-ago.html

(although I am not saying that Cooper is still CIA, I am also not saying he isn't.  However, it should be something to be aware of when listening to certain news sources; after all, what better way to control the narrative than to be able to control the journalists who write it).

Here is a quote from Cooper's wikipedia page: "He pursued journalism with no formal journalistic education."  

Strange career choice, or at least, it would be for someone who wasn't a CIA asset.  

Edited by Epic
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, he did an internship, right?  Not actually "worked for" them per se.  This is a new angle for me.  I've often heard it said that CNN appears to be the preferred channel to leak news out of the CIA and that other channels are the preferred ones for the NSA, the FBI, the White House, etc., but I had not heard that someone like Anderson might be essentially a plant at CNN by the CIA.  I am also aware of Project Mockingbird.  Could be, I guess.

As for a journalism degree: I didn't know that was a requirement for any of them and, really, there is no license for a journalist.  I mean I had to have a license to work on airplanes and engines and other professions require the same, but I don't believe there is a journalism license.  I get your point, though.  Who knows?

Quick search result:  http://www.editorandpublisher.com/columns/critical-thinking-should-journalists-be-required-to-earn-a-license-in-order-to-practice-journalism/

• Like 1

Great...powerful countries always come out with unbelievable stupid excuses...get a guy killed and then say... Blah Blah... Loony Trump is really taken the world to dogs... Americans should be proud... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Think we all knew what happened, I’m now very curious what the final Pompeo supervised SA statement will be, specially after all the initial denials, money talks! 

What a weird story. Reporter killed in SA embassy in Turkey, Trump threatens all kinds of things if SA proven to have done it, all evidence points that way, Trump speaks to SA and he believes the bizarre story of the killing being done by rogue elements from a country where nothing happens without the man at the top knowing. To me Trump opened his big mouth without thinking, again, and is now backtracking fast before he does something serious like loses SA to another world power. Just another day in the Whitehouse lol

The report below from a BBC journalist sums it up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45879941

Reputations may be forever tainted

By Frank Gardner, BBC News

The recent, highly charged exchange of words between Washington and Riyadh now appears to have given way to a mutual search for the least bad explanation. Both countries' leaders know they have an enormous amount to lose if this affair ends up splitting apart their 73-year-old strategic partnership.

Iran, as the regional rival to Saudi Arabia, would be the prime beneficiary if the Saudis were to lose their defensive US umbrella. President Trump is also correct when he says thousands of US jobs would be lost, with China and Russia to be among those lining up to replace them.

Which begs the wider question: is the West's relationship with Saudi Arabia so important that it outweighs the need to condemn and punish what many believe was a state-sponsored murder of a journalist inside a consulate?

Hence the urgent dispatching of US secretary of state for talks with the Saudi leadership. In private there may well be some strong words, in public both countries may want to present a united stand. But one thing is certain: whatever narrative emerges, the international reputation of the Saudi crown prince and power-behind-the-throne Mohammed Bin Salman will forever be tainted by this affair.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aziz Ahmad Siddiqui said:

Great...powerful countries always come out with unbelievable stupid excuses...get a guy killed and then say... Blah Blah... Loony Trump is really taken the world to dogs... Americans should be proud... 

And the non-powerful countries always do what?  Come out with the truth?  Hmmmm......

I am proud of myself and the majority of Americans, whether they be Democrat or Republican.  Therefore, I am proud of America.

Trump has not taken the world to the dogs; he has asked the world to take care of themselves for a while, while he rights a bunch of things that the American voters decided were wrong.  He's a scoundrel, no doubt, but don't blame your country's problems on Donald Trump.  And, by the way, the list of scoundrel world leaders is much longer than the list of "gentlemen", I would argue.

3 hours ago, Andy Michel said:

Think we all knew what happened, I’m now very curious what the final Pompeo supervised SA statement will be, specially after all the initial denials, money talks! 

And how did we "know" what happened?  A report that apparently someone told one news agency that was then picked up and copied all over the world?  If there was clear evidence, scratch that, if there is clear evidence, please show it to me and we'll both know.

• Like 1

The reaction we are seeing from the international community is surprising to say the least! When it was Russia accused in a British 'Highly Likely',... everyone of those nosy western politicians pretended to be very upset, concerned about Russian's disregard of international law, abusing human rights, .... now when it came to the hand that feeds them (aka ally in the names of Saudi Arabia, everyone is mum! Even the loud mouthed American media which you would expect to be allover the place because the victim here was a journalist, are all quiet, merely chorusing the Saudi line of deny, threaten, deny, threaten...!!!

• Like 2

According to CNN - Khashoggi was cut into little pieces. 

They also report he was killed on "accident"

This is insane if true. 

Let's see how this unfolds in the upcoming days. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Japaya said:

The reaction we are seeing from the international community is surprising to say the least! When it was Russia accused in a British 'Highly Likely',... everyone of those nosy western politicians pretended to be very upset, concerned about Russian's disregard of international law, abusing human rights, .... now when it came to the hand that feeds them (aka ally in the names of Saudi Arabia, everyone is mum! Even the loud mouthed American media which you would expect to be allover the place because the victim here was a journalist, are all quiet, merely chorusing the Saudi line of deny, threaten, deny, threaten...!!!

Sensing a bit of hypocrisy?  Maybe a lot of hypocrisy?  I agree wholeheartedly, although this is not a new facet of the Western media.  Maybe it's because this Khashoggi fellow was a true journalist.  Someone who sought to tell the truth, no matter the price.  If hypocrisy is evident, then it's entirely possible the Western media (you'll notice for the 2nd time I did not say "news" media) score no favor from supporting true journalists.

(edited)

Please dont make me laugh

SA killed and literally starve several thousands of innocent women and  kids in Yemen in last couple of years and that was still OK according to world community. 

Furthermore they sponsored  jihad all over the world in last 30 years with World Trade Center as probably biggest terrorist attack in humans history = no problem even for  USA where 11/9 happened.

You could be decapitated for deserting the faith in this country. Women could be sentenced for death because  she was raped- according to law she was guilt for having sex with rapist. That was also not a problem. They were even elected to UN human rights council.

But suddenly one journalist was probably killed in consulate and there is finally a global discussion about how terrible their goverment is.

What a fucked world.

Edited by Tomasz
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Aziz Ahmad Siddiqui said:

Um, Mr. Khashoggi went missing from the Saudi Consulate in Turkey.  It’s a stretch at best to link this to President Trump.  You don’t like our politics and point at us looking down your nose.  I invite you to look at the human rights atrocities committed against people all over the Middle East perpetrated by their own government, including the current example.  Who again should be proud.....??

• Like 1

(edited)

On 10/17/2018 at 1:08 PM, Cowpoke said:

Interesting read:

Jamal Khashoggi: The Media Fights for a Muslim Brotherhood Pal of Osama Bin Laden

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/271623/jamal-khashoggi-media-fights-muslim-brotherhood-daniel-greenfield

Wow.  That is an interesting read.  I'm going to stay up late tonight and get the more in depth version from CNN.  Well, staying up late is better than holding my breath!  (sarcasm about the CNN part)

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 1

At this time there is no proof of what happened . Like other respondents I could not believe this Journalist would agree to enter the Saudi Embassy . Turkey and Saudi Arabia both violate basic human rights like Freedom of Speech , Freedom of Press , Freedom of association and no gun ownership . Each country has  Authoritarian governments . The Turkish government has imprisoned over 6000 relatives of suspected participants in the recent coup attempt . This includes small children and their mothers . Our  Planet has many repressive  countries that enslave their  citizens . North Korea and Iran are just as repressive as both Turkey and  Saudi Arabia . America can not be the Policeman of the world and the United Nations is corrupt with a Bureaucracy that works against America . That has come about with Russia and China on the Security Council with veto power . Hopefully time will reveal what really  happened to the WP Journalist . In the mean time America needs to stay strong and continue to develop our vast Oil & Gas and Strategic mineral resources in North America .

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Tomasz said:

Please dont make me laugh

SA killed and literally starve several thousands of innocent women and  kids in Yemen in last couple of years and that was still OK according to world community. 

Furthermore they sponsored  jihad all over the world in last 30 years with World Trade Center as probably biggest terrorist attack in humans history = no problem even for  USA where 11/9 happened.

You could be decapitated for deserting the faith in this country. Women could be sentenced for death because  she was raped- according to law she was guilt for having sex with rapist. That was also not a problem. They were even elected to UN human rights council.

But suddenly one journalist was probably killed in consulate and there is finally a global discussion about how terrible their goverment is.

What a fucked world.

Just like the chemical attacks on Syria? I couldn't understand why that was the "crossing the line incident". So its OK to use bullets and bombs against a civilian population, but now they have crossed the line by using chemical weapons? What did I miss in government class?

(edited)

39 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

Just like the chemical attacks on Syria? I couldn't understand why that was the "crossing the line incident". So its OK to use bullets and bombs against a civilian population, but now they have crossed the line by using chemical weapons? What did I miss in government class?

I am very interested in situation in Syria

Assad clearly won syrian war long time ago.

He simply doesnt need to use any chemical weapons and I would like to point out we still dont know whether chemical weapon was really used and who did that. We have contradicting reports which are changed even after long time.  For me its bit strange that chemical weapon is used only when rebels are in desperate situation. Cui bono?

I suggest reading experts but not White Helmets or a man from London who was called biggest expert on syrian internal situation according to western press although he have no direct information from that country.

The difference is that Saudi Arabia and its army is really humililiated by Houthis. We cant call that different when we compare how Houthis and KSA are armed.

Its very big problem for KSA because whole world especially in Middle East clearly see although they have a very big military budget they dont really have an army.

Very good sign for example for Iran.

Edited by Tomasz

On 10/15/2018 at 9:51 AM, 50 shades of black said:

Yep. When will they be punished for 9/11?

Probably never, because they were involved with 9/11 due to CIA encouragement.  J. Michael Springmann, the former chief of the visa section at the US consulate in Jeddah (where most of the alleged hijackers got their visas) has testified that his denial of visas to potential terrorists was repeatedly countermanded by the CIA station chief there.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:08 PM, TraderTate said:

Good point about everybody talking to the king right now.  MbS could be the one that gets thrown under the bus, although there might be a nice mattress under the bus, and there won't really be a bus.  Anyway, good point.

• Like 1