Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Robots No Better than Humans

(edited)

" After all, they cost £ 1.7 million each and have annual maintenance costs of £ 140,000, according to a report by the Royal College of Surgeons Bulletin."

Robots are necessity .... Another fact is that educational companies will accumulate more money with that technologies, because they will not have to pay duties to workers as in the past. That means more money with lesser people, and a huge mass of workers subject to worse conditions in many countries. Welcome to the future.

Edited by Pavel

I do not expect that all of human life will ever be automated; but I do not suspect that we will be reaching a point where the super rich need a vanishingly small workforce to maintain and enrich themselves. We're already there to an extent; the "sharing economy" is a half-assed

Main question is: where does it end? Will the $ saved be channeled back to the community? Are we taking AI too far down to a point of irreversible change?  If every task is done, what do you teach humans?

What if we lost our jobs to machines, and at the same time, will earn less and have to pay our bills and etc? So many questions, but  still  without answers

Pavel, to simplify - machine never get tired!  And, I'm sure how will world with machines be more productive and faster. But, without emotions and human rationality it will be frozen world...

If we can say how will robots work under people command / instructions we can imagine next situation - robots with AI will revolt one day like the slaves did.... The result of that battle would not be so optimistic for humans..

Human mind and consciousness are unfathomably complex. Right now our computers can not even do things that even a 8 year kid can easily do. So sleep well, leave the worry for your grandchildren

16 hours ago, Pavel said:

Main question is: where does it end? Will the $ saved be channeled back to the community? Are we taking AI too far down to a point of irreversible change?  If every task is done, what do you teach humans?

This reminds me of Musk's warning that at some point in the future the world will need to provide some sort of universal income. This doesn't answer the question about what people will actually do with their lives. Work, or rather purposeful action is essential for self-fulfillment, after all.

Science fiction becomes reality - not so soon, but will come. And we haven't answers of the many questions. Innovators like E. Musk and Bill Gates fear that if we do not control artificial intelligence, we can create machines that can cause harm. How big can be harm - nobody knows.

We've been creating machines that cause harm forever already. 

..... so in other words Age Of Ultron

The world of the robot. Humans are not the only ones who have to worry about being replaced by robots.

image.png

On 1/2/2018 at 11:42 AM, Pavel said:

How to design robots. The arts. Marketing. Meaningful customer service (hospitality). I'm sure there is more.

@Rodent, some people predict robots will be making robots at some point. Now that would be scary but I think we're far from that point.

10 hours ago, Addy said:

hmmm. I wonder if that applies to all types of reading comprehension--satire, sarcasm, idiom, millennial emoticon speak, etc.

Doubt it. "The systems used Stanford University's SQuAD, a reading comprehension dataset consisting of questions based on a set of Wikipedia articles." Well, that explains everything. Give them "Ulysses" and then make them write a 50-page analysis on it. See how they do then.

Oh... good thing they used Wikipedia--the most reliable source of info ever. One of the articles they should have had the robots read was an article about robots--watch their little robot heads explode.