TB

Saudi-Kuwaiti Talks on Shared Oil Stall Over Chevron

Talks between Saudi Arabia and Kuwait to restart two oil fields in a neutral zone between the countries have stalled again, this time over the role of Chevron Corp., according to people familiar with the matter. Energy ministers from both nations met in Kuwait on Sunday, seeking a resolution over Khafji and Wafra, which were halted in 2014 and 2015, respectively. Among the unresolved issues is Kuwait’s insistence that Chevron no longer operate at Wafra, the people said, asking not to be identified discussing private matters. The importance of the fields, which can pump a combined 500,000 barrels a day, is increasing as spare production capacity dwindles elsewhere. U.S. sanctions on Iran are constricting global oil supplies at a time when prices are already close to their highest in about four years. Chevron, through its subsidiary Saudi Arabian Chevron Inc., is still committed to the neutral zone and is ensuring that production can resume once a decision is taken, said Sally Jones, a spokeswoman.

Negotiators now afraid to be in a room with KSA in case they "disappear".

• Like 1

Of course, two regimes on same way. "Kuwait said it rejected “the campaign against Saudi Arabia” over the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, al-Qabas newspaper reported, quoting the Gulf state’s deputy prime minister. Anas al-Saleh said Kuwait regretted the “unfair campaign” and supported Saudi Arabia “in facing all those who wish to harm its sovereignty".

As I see, Kuwait is the first country in the world to support Saudi after disappearing J. Khashoggi.

• Like 1

Are you surprised?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, damirUSBiH said:

Of course, two regimes on same way. "Kuwait said it rejected “the campaign against Saudi Arabia” over the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, al-Qabas newspaper reported, quoting the Gulf state’s deputy prime minister. Anas al-Saleh said Kuwait regretted the “unfair campaign” and supported Saudi Arabia “in facing all those who wish to harm its sovereignty".

As I see, Kuwait is the first country in the world to support Saudi after disappearing J. Khashoggi.

Yep. On this "support list" Jordan is missing to complete axis of evil.

I live in New Zealand how come not bring oil to my country ?

Kuwait has a small mind. If it was not for the Western community, there would be no Kuwait ie Desert Storm. 

Did they solve their differences? It was Saudi Chevron operating the Khafji and Wafra field was jointly operated....

17 hours ago, 50 shades of black said:

Yep. On this "support list" Jordan is missing to complete axis of evil.

You think Jordan would come out in support of the alleged murder?  That's not the way I've ever seen Jordan play their cards.  Silence yes, support no.

17 hours ago, DieselPham said:

I live in New Zealand how come not bring oil to my country ?

Start drilling, man!  But I recall there is a pretty strong green movement down there that would probably oppose that, isn't there?

Anyway, you asked why not bring oil to your country.  Are you guys not an importer of the black sticky stuff?

17 hours ago, Ross Hemara said:

Kuwait has a small mind. If it was not for the Western community, there would be no Kuwait ie Desert Storm. 

Think about your statement.......Kuwait might just be holding out on behalf of the Western community (read USA).  Could be Kuwait is paid a nice stipend to keep their oil in the ground unless and until such time as the Western community (read USA) requires it.  Just sayin.....

5 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

You think Jordan would come out in support of the alleged murder?  That's not the way I've ever seen Jordan play their cards.  Silence yes, support no.

Maybe you are not a good Cardplayer..

https://www.newsweek.com/jamal-khashoggi-saudi-arabia-rumors-believe-1171109

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/kuwait-jordan-stand-in-solidarity-with-saudi-arabia-over-khashoggi-case-spa/

26 minutes ago, 50 shades of black said:

You got me:

Jordan, a fellow U.S.-backed Sunni Muslim monarchy, "affirms its stand with Saudi Arabia in the face of any rumors targeting it," according to Jordanian State Minister for Media Affairs and Communications Jumana Ghunaimat. She also stressed Saudi Arabia's "leading role in establishing security, stability and peace and enhancing economic cooperation in the region and the world."