PT

US top CEO's are spending their own money on the midterm elections

(edited)

America’s CEOs have spent more than $24 million in the 2018 midterms, with the majority of that money going to Republicans.The majority of CEOs, however, leaned heavily in one direction or the other. MarketWatch reports that 84% of the 261 CEOs who donated to partisan groups gave 70% or more of their money to either the Democrats or the Republicans.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 11.06.32 AM.png

Edited by Meanwhile

my favourite is JP's Jamie Dimon who donated $2,700 to Republican Orrin Hatch who said he will retire at the end of his term

• Like 2

I'm curious to know who the CEOs of the health insurance cartels have donated more to.

11 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

America’s CEOs have spent more than $24 million in the 2018 midterms, with the majority of that money going to Republicans.The majority of CEOs, however, leaned heavily in one direction or the other. MarketWatch reports that 84% of the 261 CEOs who donated to partisan groups gave 70% or more of their money to either the Democrats or the Republicans.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 11.06.32 AM.png

Yet, according to Open Secrets, of the Top Thirty political organizational contributors in 2018: 20 are exclusively Democrat 7 are exclusively Republican 3 are evenly mixed. Big Money is more than twice as likely to favor leftist ideologies.

Just now, JohnAtronis said:

Yet, according to Open Secrets, of the Top Thirty political organizational contributors in 2018: 20 are exclusively Democrat 7 are exclusively Republican 3 are evenly mixed. Big Money is more than twice as likely to favor leftist ideologies.

Open Secrets shouldn't be your source of information

Just now, Joanna said:

Open Secrets shouldn't be your source of information

Open Secrets sounds like Smoking Man from the X-Files

When you buy from Netfiix, remember that some portion is going to support Democrats, the people who gave us Trump:)

well, it makes sense that CEO's would give to a party that helps their business, creates jobs, fights for American businesses abroad and the working man/woman domestically via the most substantial manufacturing job increases in decades.

2 minutes ago, Ajan Bosnjacki said:

When you buy from Netfiix, remember that some portion is going to support Democrats, the people who gave us Trump:)

I like Trump. Half the country likes Trump.

17 minutes ago, Joanna said:

I'm curious to know who the CEOs of the health insurance cartels have donated more to.

"Blue Cross has given more cash to Whitmer than any MI gov candidate in past decade" Democrat.

13 minutes ago, Ajan Bosnjacki said:

Please don't turn my TV watching into a political event. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Please don't turn my TV watching into a political event. 

Giggle giggle giggle...…...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ajan Bosnjacki said:

Good luck using my $10.  I am going to buy what I am going to buy.  What they do with the money, like a christmas gift of cash to my alcoholic cousin, is up to them.

Strange, this does not tally with all the MSM announced polls.  Now where have I seen that happen before?  Hmmm, it'll come back to me.....