Shabbir H. Kazmi

Oil prices are being maneuvered

The United States has two objective behind keeping oil prices high: 1) it could keep shale producers making profit and 2) prompting Saudi Arabia to buy more weapons. While the US is ultimate gainer, Saudi Arabia will be the biggest looser. Soon sanctions will be imposed on Saudi Arabia for killing the journalist and all the blame will be put on Price Mohammad. It is beginning of another proxy war, between Turkey and Saudi Arabia.  

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 12:14 AM, Shabbir H. Kazmi said:

The United States has two objective behind keeping oil prices high: 1) it could keep shale producers making profit and 2) prompting Saudi Arabia to buy more weapons. While the US is ultimate gainer, Saudi Arabia will be the biggest looser. Soon sanctions will be imposed on Saudi Arabia for killing the journalist and all the blame will be put on Price Mohammad. It is beginning of another proxy war, between Turkey and Saudi Arabia.  

Is that what the newspaper is saying in the Middle East?

On 10/22/2018 at 12:14 PM, Shabbir H. Kazmi said:

Soon sanctions will be imposed on Saudi Arabia for killing the journalist and all the blame will be put on Price Mohammad. It is beginning of another proxy war, between Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

There won't be US sanctions on Saudi Arabia.   And Turkey is an ally of Iran, which means the proxy was between them has been going for a while now.  

On 10/22/2018 at 12:14 PM, Shabbir H. Kazmi said:

The United States has two objective behind keeping oil prices high: 1) it could keep shale producers making profit

Also, you make a good point that US shale drillers benefit from high prices, but the entire US economy suffers from those same high prices via increased transport costs.  In 2017, oil and gas only contributed to 7.6% of US GDP.  Is benefiting this small portion of GDP worth harming the other, much larger part of GDP via those increased transportation costs?  I feel like the answer is no, and so your point #1 seems moot, but I honestly don't have enough data to confirm this.  Does any one else have that data? 

If anything, I would think the US wants high oil prices not to benefit US shale, but to hurt China (trade war and all).  Winning the trade war helps the whole US economy.    

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Epic said:

If anything, I would think the US wants high oil prices not to benefit US shale, but to hurt China (trade war and all).  Winning the trade war helps the whole US economy.    

This makes sense but the U.S. was exporting quite a lot of oil to China before things got uglier. So, it's a mixed blessing.

If Turkey decides to engage in an open war (highly doubtful but who knows) I'm moving to Iceland.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

This makes sense but the U.S. was exporting quite a lot of oil to China before things got uglier. So, it's a mixed blessing.

If Turkey decides to engage in an open war (highly doubtful but who knows) I'm moving to Iceland.

Let's move THEM to Iceland!  No, you're right.  Iceland didn't do anything to deserve them.  LOL!  You're going to Iceland!  Yaaay!

• Like 1

Yes, Iceland has done nothing wrong. Plus, there isn't enough space for all the bad ones there. Now, Greenland, on the other hand...

• Like 2