Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AV

What Battery Stocks to Buy in 2018?

(edited)

This year could be of a great interest for investors in electric car battery. We are waiting for Tesla's Model 3 but other automakers are also appearing on roads in greater number. What battery stocks would you buy this year? 

Edited by Adam Varga

I would look behind the batteries ... to the key ingredients: lithium, cobalt and graphite.

Well yes lithium and cobalt are very popular now but I'm more interested in stocks of companies like Tesla, Panasonic or even Albemarle. I think these three companies are positioned to profit this year. 

Not sure about Tesla. China is in a really good mood in this race to challenge Tesla with giga-battery factories. 

Not really. China will have to speed up if they want to catch Tesla in this race. The demand for Tesla's batteries is growing and that why this company has a lot of plans for the next few years. 

Tesla would definitely be my first choice stock in this year. This company is planning to triple the current capacity of its first Gigafactory and also opened a second one for solar cells and modules. And not to mention all these vehicles  it's working on them now. This will be a great year for Tesla. 

And here we come to Panasonic, my second favorite stock this year. This Tesla's partner in the Gigafactory project will have a great benefit of Tesla's battery sale. It will be collecting payment for at least $1.7 billion worth of battery cells that it will produce for Tesla and than of course sell to Tesla. 

If we are talking about lithium, Panasonic is doing really great. This company knows where to invest. If they continue to stick to lithium, they will for sure retain the title of the market leader in lithium ion battery production this year. 

(edited)

Allegedly this year could be great for Albemarle. What do you think is it  worth investing? 

Edited by Adam Varga