41 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Huge surprise. Bad day for short sellers. I'm having so much fun right now!

Tesla shares soar on surprise third-quarter profit that beats Wall Street expectations

Love to see those shorts been burnt.

Funny how the main media when ever a story can be made to look bad about Tesla or Musk it's up front and bold. Today when it's great news about Tesla very little and tucked away.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DA? said:

Love to see those shorts been burnt.

Yep! And I feel zero guilt or shame about it.

Bad news sells more, I suppose. Besides Tesla is, from a certain widely shared perspective, breaking the rules and a lot of people have trouble wrapping their heads around the idea that there is more than one right way to do things, including business.

• Like 2

If I got it right, when comparing last quarter to Q3 2017, last quarter Tesla had $3.1b auto sales revenue and $4b total revenue with $570m receivables. Q3 2017 Tesla had $2.07b auto sales revenue and $3b total revenue with $607m receivables.

Tesla's accounts receivables has been hovering at the $500m-$600m range since the solar city acquisition, even when revenue increases significantly in a single quarter, such as between Q1 and Q2 of this year, the receivables number hardly changed. And now suddenly it doubles? Don't like being skeptical but that's a little strange. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Brian W said:

If I got it right, when comparing last quarter to Q3 2017, last quarter Tesla had $3.1b auto sales revenue and $4b total revenue with $570m receivables. Q3 2017 Tesla had $2.07b auto sales revenue and $3b total revenue with $607m receivables.

Tesla's accounts receivables has been hovering at the $500m-$600m range since the solar city acquisition, even when revenue increases significantly in a single quarter, such as between Q1 and Q2 of this year, the receivables number hardly changed. And now suddenly it doubles? Don't like being skeptical but that's a little strange. 

Not an accountant but have you seen how rapidly they have grown?

(edited)

When you double the number of sales from Q2 to Q3 the revenue grow...

In 6 years the growth was 25913%...  Those who believe Tesla is on the brink of bankrupcy live on another planet.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/10/04/25913-growth-in-tesla-sales-in-6-years/

Edited by Guillaume Albasini
link correction
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Guillaume Albasini said:

In 6 years the growth was 25913%...  Those who believe Tesla is on the brink of bankrupcy live on another planet.

Just looking at the percent growth seldom paints a complete picture. There are other factors when evaluating the financial health of a company. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DA? said:

Funny how the main media when ever a story can be made to look bad about Tesla or Musk it's up front and bold. Today when it's great news about Tesla very little and tucked away.

Mainstream Media bias is pretty mindboggling.  Cannot unsee once observed.  Pretty much 2 extremes: either frothing at the mouth or ignoring.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Guillaume Albasini said:

When you double the number of sales from Q2 to Q3 the revenue grow...

https://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/news/world_news/why-are-some-pro-israel-voices-joining-the-whisper-campaign/article_7a03fca5-a9fb-5503-b21e-ecaee7de5f85.html

Growth of what was 25913%?

A link to the Ohio Cleveland Jewish News about Khashoggi?

6 minutes ago, Guillaume Albasini said:

Sorry... copy-paste error from another post. Post has been corrected now.

This is the correct link :

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/10/04/25913-growth-in-tesla-sales-in-6-years/

I remain a fan.  What they are accomplishing is no small feat; it is HUGE really.  The news today that Europe and the OEMs are investing in infrastructure and that battery charge times are down to 30 minutes (can someone confirm this?) is deeply encouraging.  Being in aviation, I believe we are on the cusp of an all new type of battery development.  I certainly hope so.  And that, with as much attention and investment in battery technology as we have seen in the last 10 years, both in aviation and automotive, we may finally advance to an entirely new level.  That will be world changing, if it happens.  Imagine no more shitty batteries at Christmas time, as just one of many world changing aspects.  With that would come the elimination of throwing away all those shitty batteries right after Christmas time.  Keep going Tesla, and all the other players too.  Competition is paramount if we want to overcome many of the last barriers.

There is room in this world for battery powered cars and trucks.  If they prove themselves over time, the market will sort out the rest.

6 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Mainstream Media bias is pretty mindboggling.  Cannot unsee once observed.  Pretty much 2 extremes: either frothing at the mouth or ignoring.

Whatever brings in the most clicks, you know...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Whatever brings in the most clicks, you know...

I don't think concerning Tesla it's just about the most clicks or bias views. The media and especially the newspapers rely on car manufacturers advertising cash, it really is staggering amounts and many of these media outlets are only just viable at present. And of course Tesla doesn't advertise like this, it's not just the oil companies profits endangered by EV's. 

That's a very good point. I'd forgotten they have one more reason to not like Tesla. Well, tough.

On 10/25/2018 at 4:49 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

Right on. Getting good ratings and subscriptions nowadays requires 'frothing at the mouth', and 'pumping up your base of pre-loaded confirmation biased partisans'... The product is sensationalism, as opposed to sober and fact based information.

The information age is more appropriately labeled the 'misinformation age'....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NatGasDude said:

Right on. Getting good ratings and subscriptions nowadays requires 'frothing at the mouth', and 'pumping up your base of pre-loaded confirmation biased partisans'... The product is sensationalism, as opposed to sober and fact based information.

The information age is more appropriately labeled the 'misinformation age'....

In line with these truths, let's go back in time to big hair, rock and roll, and Don Henley, singing Dirty Laundry:

Don Henley, Dirty Laundry live

Now, if that doesn't make your Sunday just a little bit better, I don't know what will.

• Like 1