Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brent Hamrick

USA to be dominate oil producers

(edited)

I have a feeling that the wind blowing the sail of OPEC+ will suddenly fall flat. The ability for the nations of OPEC+ will find it very challenging in coming future to bring their products to market to sell. US companies will suddenly see new life blow their way to fill their sail moving US into a position of oil dominance again.  Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih is trying to broker a deal with Russia to side step OPEC current conditions. Seems a bit odd to me, why would you try to make an open ended partnership with a new player in the world stage of oil  unless he senses something. While on the other side of the stage a large portion of transport companies are gearing up to build the rest of the pipeline in US moving crude from the north to Texas. The picture of puzzle is starting to be visible from what I can see. 

read this note about why I posted here. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/27/climate/trump-fracking-drilling-oil-gas.html  

Edited by Brent Hamrick
adding source of info for my conclusion
  • Like 1

https://www.blm.gov/press-release/blm-approves-greater-mooses-tooth-2-oil-and-gas-development-project-alaska

This is the reason why. 

Does anyone know that the parties at be have taken the protest period for sale of lease rights to BLM land from 30 days down to 10 days?  Look at (BP)  bp_plc on instagram and read about how they made $6bil in last year. And now they want to call themselves from CEO Dave Lawler stated, "By every measure, this is a transformational deal for our Lower 48 business,"  They are going to call themselves BPX Energy.

BPX Energy.jpg

I'd say the U.S. would first have to become self-sufficient in oil before it takes on OPEC. 

@Brent Hamrick, did you really call Russia a newcomer on the global world stage or did I misread you? :)

• Upvote 1

(edited)

Misread that about Russia being a newcomer.   This is what I stated "Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih is trying to broker a deal with Russia to side step OPEC current conditions."  That would be the newcomer to the world market.  

I found this from an article posted here OilPrice. ( https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/This-Alliance-Could-Mark-A-New-Era-For-Oil.html)  I was reading between the lines, historically look at Russia do they do things with a sense of common welling being for others? I would say not really. And if Minister Khalid al-Falih is looking to broker some relationship with Russia, one can only wonder as to the motive from both parties involved. 

Its not in the best interest where USA is concerned. The only group who would benefit would be those who enter into the "agreement". What ever that may turn out to be.

Edited by Brent Hamrick
posted before i was able to complete my thought.