Good Analysis of California vs. Texas Oil & Gas Policies

41 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Robust wall

+ mandatory employment ID / verification

+ Voter ID / verification 

+ no welfare for illegal aliens

+ mandatory drug testing for legal welfare recipients

Just sayin.

mandatory drug testing would wipe out over half those on the rolls. I'm for it !!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 1

12 hours ago, MUI said:

It's not that I am opposed to a wall, it's just that I believe there is a better solution to the problem (which I described in an earlier post). I will lay you odds that it will be easier to get funding for the wall than to get the political support needed to enact my solution.

We are in agreement that something has to be done. The wall will slow down the flood and create a focal point for the battle. My proposal would create a system where the wall would not be needed but is too radical an idea for today's society to grasp so I will concede that a wall is probably a better solution right now. Keep in mind though, a border wall does nothing to deter anyone from legally entering this country and then overstaying their visa.

Visa overstays are a huge problem but you need to work on all aspects of a security problem. Enforcing visa overstays requires manpower and probably wrist bands or some other technology I am not aware of. We need to enforce our borders regardless. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

30 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Visa overstays are a huge problem but you need to work on all aspects of a security problem. Enforcing visa overstays requires manpower and probably wrist bands or some other technology I am not aware of. We need to enforce our borders regardless. 

Now you and I both know if you can put a chip in our pets, I am almost positive that we could put a tracking/chip on all immigrants. There are probably as many Europeans Illegally here as Central America up through Mexico. We do have the technology.

Edited by Old-Ruffneck
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Visa overstays are a huge problem but you need to work on all aspects of a security problem.

In just the comments above, people, reasonable people, have come up with the obvious pieces of a total solution.  BUT, if we only employ parts of the solution then we have no solution.  Weak link, anyone?

On 2/10/2019 at 9:55 PM, mthebold said:

Basically, every time a wall gets proposed, politicians insist on a version they know won't work.  This has nothing to do with the effectiveness of walls and everything to do with politicians not wanting walls to work. 

This is the case, pure and simple, yet people attach themselves to party politics and for some reason still think they can solve multi-faceted problems by implementing parts of the solution, not its entirety.  It must really piss ex-military guys off every time they hear that the U.S. military could not win conflicts or relatively small wars, like Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc.  I mean, what stopped the U.S. military from absolute victory in any of those cases was lack of political will, or worse, political opposition to an all out victory.  Just ask Colin Powell and Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf.  Wars can be won, solutions to multi-faceted problems can be implemented and over 90% of the desired effect realized.  

• Like 1