Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

Canada - $84 billion abandoned In oil-gas sector

In 2017 alone, $ 84 billion worth of investments were never realized in Canada's oil and gas sectors. Liberal polices are the main reason for this, but question is how many workers, in same time, lose any chance to get good job in these of two sectors.  

Oil is destroying our future; our air is getting unbreathable as we speak. It's harder to breath now. Solar panels are made all over the world. If energy is less expensive, people have more money, and less is funneled into oil guys who spend it horribly.

They're missing the price of solar panels and wind falling beneath all other types of energy, and the world converting away from oil and into solar panels and windmills.  Don't get caught putting too much in the oil basket; invest in all three fully.... 

When I asked my Canadian friend what was going on with investment in oil - gas sector, he was trying to explain me how is the "main" problem in highly regulated Canadian gas and oil industry. Because of that investors are shunning Canada and choosing other countries like the United States

Yes, I read something about that. It's important to say how oil and gas industry are providing, by official information, 191,415 direct jobs... 

And, oil and gas represents $ 100 billion of Canada 's GDP.... 

I think, if they want to be competitive they must be regulated and be the safest most environmentally conscious producer but at the same time they need to be smart about it. What that's mean: End user carbon calculations - no. Pipeline is already the best method of transport, ensuring it is designed safely and lets get on with it. On the other hand: maybe it is time for great renewable innovations to be explored and implemented, providing more jobs in the whole process. From training, building, technological and mechanical upkeep, but most importantly, eliminating negative environmental impact.

I think it's because Canadian nat gas has been so cheap and there has been a huge gap between this and US prices. Hasn't been profitable.