CM

China Ready For Talks With the US to Resolve Trade Issues

34 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

2) Unions and labor rights are much stronger in Scandinavia than in the USA. 

I believe this is an accurate statement.  There is lots of blame to go around for the loss of the organized labor movement in the United States:  Government repeal of regulations meant to protect worker's rights, Corporations for sure, the Union leadership at all levels, and to some degree the workers themselves for not paying enough attention to what their own leadership was doing and then doing something about it. 

Just at the start of my career I remember complaining to an older colleague (in management) about the union at our factory.  He said that I should take care because my white collar salary was based on, to a large degree, what labor rates the union negotiated for the hourly workers.  Those days are long gone and it is cut throat now with management being able to ask just about anything from workers without a worry:  You want to keep your job, you do it.

48 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

I believe this is an accurate statement.  There is lots of blame to go around for the loss of the organized labor movement in the United States:  Government repeal of regulations meant to protect worker's rights, Corporations for sure, the Union leadership at all levels, and to some degree the workers themselves for not paying enough attention to what their own leadership was doing and then doing something about it. 

Just at the start of my career I remember complaining to an older colleague (in management) about the union at our factory.  He said that I should take care because my white collar salary was based on, to a large degree, what labor rates the union negotiated for the hourly workers.  Those days are long gone and it is cut throat now with management being able to ask just about anything from workers without a worry:  You want to keep your job, you do it.

Thanks Dan. 

This is basically core of my view. Focus on the 3 fingers pointing at you before pointing at others. If everybody did this the world would be a better place. 

• Like 2

@mthebold 

Pls check your facts about Scandinavia. I live here and actively engage in society. I have a pretty good understanding of the system.  

As a last comment I would like to offer you some context : My business is essentially high end consultancy. I could easily move the business out of Denmark to Switzerland or a similar location. But I don't. I want my kids to grow up here. 

Sorry. Last comment. Promise. 

ps. VA healthcare cannot be compared to the Scandinavian model. Not even close.