Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

The Boring Tunnel is Ready to Launch

Launch date is December 10, the tunnel is 2 miles long. Look at this cool simulation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Launch date is December 10, the tunnel is 2 miles long. Look at this cool simulation

and done so cheaply, I thought that it was impossible to do this the entrenched companies had said.

How expensive could it be to dig a hole in the ground with all the available tech for digging holes in the ground? I mean, the digging itself should be standard business. As for the rails/sleds, that's probably different. We'll see. I really like the idea but I like undergrounds in general.

I like underground too, but not in California, which is so prone to earthquakes. Is tunneling underground there really a good idea?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Launch date is December 10, the tunnel is 2 miles long. 

Two miles? That's now considered as a long tunnel? There are longer tunnels between two stops in New York. Nevertheless, this is a good start, but a long, long way to go before that's a viable mode of mass transit. 

• Like 1

I read the main tunnel of the actual network they plan will be something like 46 miles with branches here and there. That's just the pilot.