Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VK

Danish Bicycle Brand Biomega Reveals First Electric Car

Danish company Biomega, know for its electric bikes now revealed its new product, SIN, a minimalist electric concept car. It’s 4-door, 4-seat CUV-type vehicle in Scandinavian design style, that comes with 4-motors (60 kW total) and 20 kWh battery for up to 160 km (100 miles) of range.

The secret of SIN is in the curb weight of just 950 kg (including a 200 kg battery) that enables it to use a small battery. Moreover, 6 kWh out of 20 kWh is removable (three 2 kWh modules) – “allowing the battery to be replaced on the move, and extra distance to be covered between charges”.

Its price will be about $23,000 and it is planned to be released in 2021. The driver seat includes a steering wheel that looks like bicycle handlebars. So this is what happens when an e-bike company makes an electric car. 

T010_.jpg

• Like 3

Always good to see a new perspective. Like the simplicity of this car. 

I want one. Now. And this phrase "The secret of SIN" is so wonderfully ambivalent I now want two.

My first reaction when I saw this car was "no way" because I don't like the way this car challenges my concept of design aesthetics. These doors really look like you are in a fish tank. But again I liked the simplicity of form and function. This car is not made to be a speed machine for longer distances but it would be great for city drive.