Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BB

Shorts Crushed As Nat Gas Explodes Higher After Tripping Stops

Shorts Crushed As Nat Gas Explodes Higher After Tripping Stops

While the investing community has been focused on crude oil for the past two weeks, and for obvious reasons as the black gold suffered a historic and record rout of 12 consecutive days of declines, sending it into a bear market from multi-year highs just a few weeks ago, a just as notable - if inverse - development has been taking place in natural-gas, whose prices have been soaring.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-14/shorts-crushed-nat-gas-explodes-higher-after-tripping-stops

Black Blade: I heard from several sources so far that there's a massive unwind by a large fund that got caught on the wrong side of the oil trade and now shifting focus on natty. Who knows for sure but that's the rumor floating the last couple days.

Heard similar reports involving two well-known firms-long crude and short natgas-trades getting reversed.

Well that price increase if it stays will rub out the cost decrease for NG electricity shown in the Lazard Analysis. Making gas even less profitable compared with renewables in many markets compared with renewables.

Just out of interest how much does NG have to increase for the frackers to be able to pay there debts and make a profit?

10 hours ago, BobTU said:

Heard similar reports involving two well-known firms-long crude and short natgas-trades getting reversed.

I got liquidated for the same stupid trade I got stuck in and over traded. Live and learn. I'm on the opposite end of the trade now and in profit.