Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AB

Cyberattacks Risk ‘Shutting Down Entire Countries’

Major corporations are ratcheting up internal security measures to better protect themselves from cyberattacks, following a spate of high-profile data breaches in recent months.

Now industry experts warn that the threat of cyber espionage goes above and beyond endangering some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies targeting entire countries. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/14/cyberattacks-risk-shutting-down-entire-countries-industry-experts-warn.html?__source=yahoo|finance|headline|story|&par=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

• Like 1

This is with any discussion the major threat we ICT must face … The main issue its to sound the alarm and show the C-Level positions what it is in risk

• Like 1

I'd rather someone shut down the internet, to be honest. Hackers? Hello? Anyone there?

On 11/14/2018 at 7:20 PM, Stormysaga said:

Major corporations are ratcheting up internal security measures to better protect themselves from cyberattacks, following a spate of high-profile data breaches in recent months.

Now industry experts warn that the threat of cyber espionage goes above and beyond endangering some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies targeting entire countries. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/14/cyberattacks-risk-shutting-down-entire-countries-industry-experts-warn.html?__source=yahoo|finance|headline|story|&par=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

I went to a lecture on this topic and how it relates to the Oil and Gas industry a few days ago. They have already changed the standards so that along with the usual risks that are assessed during design cyber attacks have been added problem is practically all oil and gas facilities have very little current protection and in most cases no idea what systems are communicating with what therefore no way to quantify the how far a hacker can get. The is a whole new industry springing up to assess current plants exposure, I am seeing a profitable new branch of my industry to get into. Anyone there with ideas on how to get into it let me know. I have already a plan but more info welcome.