Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

Is this Possible - Germany's Paying People To Use Electricity!?

It's a hard to believe how some countries are fast developing renewable energy. The best example for this is Germany. They has so much renewable energy it's paying people to use electricity. Renewable energy has to be the future for Earth. But we need a change of way of thinking. Germans are on the right way ...

Okay, but coal plants continue to operate and atmospheric concentrations of greenhouse gasses continue to increase. Germany consumes more coal than France and UK combined...

And... My friend works in renewables and he said the biggest problem is storage and peak demand. What happens when the wind drops. Germany is building coal fired stations and the 8000 biodigesters are not meeting expectations. 100% renewable would be nice but for now energy sources need to be balanced / use less

Probably, Pavel, we could say something like a how this does not make sense. If the power is not needed then the source is switched out of the system, it is controllable......etc. But, most important is what we can give to the Earth. The Earth provides for us everything what we need: place to live, food, air, shelter.... It's not just phrases when we hear  to " Save the Earth"

Very cool. I'm moving to Germany. I see that Denmark is already producing more renewable energy than its citizens are using. .... 

The expansion of  solar power capacity is an unstoppable process. Without any doubt it's a future. India is one of the countries which recognize that. They increased its rooftop solar power capacity in 2017 by more than the previous four years combined.

It's good to know that India is still efficiently growing in the field of solar energy compared to others Nations but I still having doubt will able achieve big target on this field, cause government efficiency in India isn't to much good. They need to work hard to achieved this target.

And mechanical machinery, factories, the cars and transport system still ran on petrol and diesel. Expectation to realization 100% renewable, anywhere in the world, is a bit misleading.... 

For now it's a early talking about that. I agree with you. But, I would not be so pessimistic Petar. One day it will be reality.

On 1/3/2018 at 9:23 PM, Pavel said:

Okay, but coal plants continue to operate and atmospheric concentrations of greenhouse gasses continue to increase. Germany consumes more coal than France and UK combined...

Yeah, well, France has a lot of nuclear power while Germany has committed to close all of its NPPs.

I'd say it's easy for Denmark to produce a lot of wind energy -- that North Sea is windy! However, the problem of reliable, consistent supply remains, as pointed out above. Storage is the key and everyone is looking for it.