Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BW

China Claims To Have Successfully Developed a Quantum Radar That Can Detect 'Invisible' Fighter Jets

Defence giant China Electronics Technology Group Corporation claims to have created a quantum radar that can detect stealth fighter jets from great distances and see through the radar jamming used to hide warplanes. A company displayed the prototype at the Zhuhai air show last week. 

Stealth aircraft avoid detection by redirecting most of a radar system’s radio waves, which usually reflect off their surface and reveal their location. The mobile quantum radar is able to spot and track targets more than 62 miles away in the daylight and over the sea, according to Chinese media.

A quantum radar can spot objects that are invisible to traditional radio wave-based systems by a principle called quantum entanglement, in which two photons form a connected pair even over great distances. The system would send out one of the photons, while the other in the pair would stay behind. According to the researchers, it could vastly improve the accuracy in environments with a lot of background noise.

This news caused a lot of skepticism because only representatives of Chinese media could attend this demonstration. 

https://www.techspot.com/news/77448-china-claims-has-developed-quantum-radar-can-detect.html 

China is talking about this radar for a long time. I thought that this kind of a "news" should be a top secret. This way is sounds more like a propaganda. 

Agree, in military terms you dont talk about this stuff. These are black programs. So they got my skepticism too. I'm going to take their claims with a grain of salt. But if they really have it now then I can only imagine what the Pentagon has developed.

Probably not as once you entangle particles its really easy to undo it and sending them through the atmosphere unprotected seems not likely. But the Chinese have got entangled particles in satellites for experimental communication.  Although just a FM radar sees stealth aircraft, not accurately but within a range of hundreds of meters.