IG

the Price of Regular Gas is RISING FAST

UPDATE:    The price of gasoline seems to be in FREE-FALL.   

As of today,  11/30/2018,  the price dropped from $2.13 yesterday,  to $2.09 today here in North Florida.   

It is $2.05 per gallon at SAMS CLUBS,    and there is ONE independent gas station that for some reason has lowered its price to $1.98 per gallon as of today.

CHRISTMAS has come early to North Floridians.

i think right now for gas my bill for 4000 sq feet went down from  120 a month to 14

5 minutes ago, Top Oil Trader said:

i think right now for gas my bill for 4000 sq feet went down from  120 a month to 14

I take it you are talking about Natural Gas ?   or am i missing something.

6 minutes ago, Illurion said:

I take it you are talking about Natural Gas ?   or am i missing something.

must be. I always hated the ambiguous term "gas". 

5 minutes ago, Rodent said:

must be. I always hated the ambiguous term "gas". 

You are right.  It is my fault.   I did create this thread using the headline term "GAS" instead of "GASOLINE".   Sorry.   I won't do it again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Illurion said:

You are right.  It is my fault.   I did create this thread using the headline term "GAS" instead of "GASOLINE".   Sorry.   I won't do it again.

That's not at ALL what I meant. That was not directed at you, and your headline is fine. I just wish that "they" (whoever they are) had come up with completely separate names for the products to avoid confusion. 

Gas oil, gasoline, natural gas... ahhh!! 

(edited)

I just wanted to add my experience to the list so people can see how wide the price differentials can be in different places that aren't so far apart.

Today, I pumped at a northern Washington Shell gas station. It was 6AM in the morning. I paid $1.819 USD per gallon. In the afternoon, after crossing over the Canadian border, I pumped at yet another Shell gas station near Vancouver. I paid $1.379 CAD per liter. Converting the currency and the volume, it is clear that Canadians are paying a lot more for gas than Americans living less than 200 miles in the south.

I'm driving up north for a snowboarding and snowshoeing get together with a friends. Looks like gas gets more and more expansive the further north I go. A gas station I just passed near Whistler, Canada is selling $1.459 CAD per liter.

Edited by Andrew Sun

23 hours ago, Rodent said:

That's not at ALL what I meant. That was not directed at you, and your headline is fine. I just wish that "they" (whoever they are) had come up with completely separate names for the products to avoid confusion. 

We call it Petrol ?

But I quite like sound of the Spanish Gasolina.

(edited)

On 11/30/2018 at 9:24 AM, Outlaw Jackie said:

What's diesel going for in S. Texas?

Around $2.80 a gallon

The spread between gas and diesel will probably get worse in 2019 and 2020 due to the upcoming IMO 2020 regulations

Edited by Refman

Saw $2.05 for unleaded regular in Steubenville, Ohio last night.  The taxes are 10 cents less in Ohio as compared to West Virginia, so it's usually worth the 15 minute trip across the river. 

Update:   Gasoline still plummeting.   the price of gasoline dropped further overnight and is now at $2.05 per gallon here in North Florida as of today, 12/2/2018.     Diesel remained unchanged at $2.86 per gallon.

Yup paid 1.89/gal this morning in Dallas

Amazing..  Only 24 hours since my last update.

Yesterday,  12/2/2018,   gasoline was $2.05 here in North Florida.

Today,   12/3/2018,   i am happy to say that i filled my tank with gasoline priced at just $1.98 per gallon.

Thank you President Trump.

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2018 at 8:19 PM, Rodent said:

... petrol

Avoids confusion like the whole U.S. vs. EU day/month quandry.

Today is 4/12/2018.

To avoid confusion I normally write the 3 letter month abbreviation. 

4 DEC 2018.  And not April 12, 2018.

• Like 1

(edited)

46 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

... petrol

Whenever i think of the use of "Petrol" instead of gasoline,   i am reminded of the 1964 Cary Grant World War II movie,  "Father Goose."

When Grant's character cons cans of gasoline from the British,  he called it "PETROL."

As for date formats,  i prefer the Standard American  mm/dd/yy,  and will use a 4 digit year if necessary.

Whenever i am filling out a form on-line with some website,  if it uses  dd/mm/yyyy i assume the code-writer that wrote the software is from Europe.    Sometimes,  i come across the format  yyyy/mm/dd and i assume that code-writer was an accountant,  as that would be the best format for aggregating.  lol..

Edited by Illurion
  • Like 2

On 11/29/2018 at 12:10 PM, Auson said:

Would be interested what price you guys feel is the maximum you would be ok paying ?

Wow those low octane numbers I buy Shell 97 RON or sometimes the lovely 100 RON here in sunny old England for $1.61 per litre ! or $1.70 per litre for the 100 RON. I believe 112 RON ( race fuel ) is available at $3.45 per litre and you have to buy it in a drum.

Thats over $6 a US gallon !

https://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=crude-oil&months=120&currency=rub

The gas you're buying at low, medium and high octane at the pump is actually the same on both sides of the pond. The only thing that changes is how they measure it (and therefore the number advertised).

It is the same gas. 😃

18 hours ago, Illurion said:

Amazing..  Only 24 hours since my last update.

Yesterday,  12/2/2018,   gasoline was $2.05 here in North Florida.

Today,   12/3/2018,   i am happy to say that i filled my tank with gasoline priced at just $1.98 per gallon.

Thank you President Trump.

Lol guessing your ignoring the fact he was the cause of high gas prices in the first place.

Trumps pattern of behavior is basically to start problems (China trade, oil/OPEC, North Korea, NAFTA deal) and then "fix" the problem by dropping the hardline act and making some watered down deal that puts us back in the same place as where we started (aka before trump caused an issue).

But sure lol, thanks Mr. President (I guess)

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 3:04 PM, GeoPolitics said:

Lol guessing your ignoring the fact he was the cause of high gas prices in the first place.

Trumps pattern of behavior is basically to start problems (China trade, oil/OPEC, North Korea, NAFTA deal) and then "fix" the problem by dropping the hardline act and making some watered down deal that puts us back in the same place as where we started (aka before trump caused an issue).

But sure lol, thanks Mr. President (I guess)

??

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I was in the hospital for several days.   I have Congestive Heart Failure.  Died again.  Defibrillator brought me back.

I see you have your "anti-trump" bovine blinders on..

"Guessing",  to use your term,   you are ignoring what President Trump has done in the past 2 years as regards oil production.

When President Trump was elected in November 2016,  the price of gasoline was $2.89 per gallon where i live.

Within a year,  Trump brought it down to $2.01 by January 2018.

Then the Federal Reserve started interfering with the market by raising interest rates half a dozen times.  Dramatically raising the cost of funds,  and contributing to causing the price to rise back to $2.79 per gallon.

Despite that,  Trump has continued to WIN for oil.

The price is now back down to $1.98 per gallon due DIRECTLY TO WHAT TRUMP HAS ACCOMPLISHED....

(1)  In the first week in office in 2017,  Trump signed executive orders over-riding liberal, fake-environmental,  clap-trap,  and authorized the immediate resumption in the construction of NOT ONE,  BUT THREE,  CROSS COUNTRY OIL PIPELINES to eliminate transportation bottlenecks,  and lower the cost of transporting crude to refineries and transportation hubs.

Since then,  over a dozen new pipeline have also been started.   These pipelines dramatically reduced the cost of transportation of crude from wells.

(2)  Trump directed various governmental watchdog organizations to "back-off" their "war on fracking",  thus eliminating bottlenecks in the way of digging more wells,  and expanding US Crude Production.

(3)  Trump did the same thing to eliminate bottlenecks that threatens the expansion of production of LNG,  and the expansion, and creation of new ports to export LNG.

(4)  Trump also signed executive orders that for the first time in many decades,  ALLOWED US OIL PRODUCERS UN-RESTRICTED ABILITY TO SELL AMERICAN OIL OVERSEAS.....   THE RESULT OF THAT ONE CHANGE,  HAS,  IN LESS THAN 12 MONTHS,  TAKEN THE USA FROM A "LOWER-RUNG-PRODUCER" OF OIL ON THE INTERNATIONAL MARKETS,  TO NOW BEING THE "NUMBER ONE PRODUCER OF OIL IN THE WORLD."

(5)   In the first 60 days in office,  Trump advised that he had a/an (as yet undisclosed) PLAN to fracture,  and breakup OPEC.    Trump said OPEC must go.    As everyone on this forum now knows,  what Trump did in # (4)  has "BROKEN THE STRANGLEHOLD" that OPEC has had on both the OIL Markets,  and on the US Economy.     OPEC has now Fractured,  and is in the midst of disbanding as members begin to leave.  I don't know what Trumps "PLAN" was,  but it is apparently working.

I could go on Mr. Geopolitics,  but i think what i have written above is more than enough to show that your beliefs are mistaken.

You should be thanking Trump.   Not bashing him.

• Great Response! 1

16 minutes ago, Illurion said:

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I was in the hospital for several days.   I have Congestive Heart Failure.  Died again.  Defibrillator brought me back.

Nice to have you with us.  Seriously.  Take care and I wish you a full recovery.

(edited)

4 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Nice to have you with us.  Seriously.  Take care and I wish you a full recovery.

I am old.   Been this way for years.   Have died on a number of occasions.   Am on the tail end of my second defibrillator.  Every 3 of 4 times i die,  the battery of the defibrillator dies too,  and they have to cut me open and give me a new defibrillator.   This next time that i die,  will probably kill the battery of my current machine.   If there is enough power to bring me back next time,  they will install my 3rd defibrillator.   Joy.

Edited by Illurion

3 minutes ago, Illurion said:

I am old.   Been this way for years.   Have died on a number of occasions.   Am on the tail end of my second defibrillator.  Every 3 of 4 times i die,  the battery of the deliberators die,  and they have to cut me open and give me a new defibrillator.   This next time that i die,  will probably kill the battery of my current machine.   If there is enough power to bring me back next time,  they will install my 3rd defibrillator.   Joy.

You need a solar charger with a Tesla battery, and a wind turbine backup generator!  Better keep a diesel one too, though, from the sounds of it.  (sarcasm, for you other lurkers)  Take care.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

You need a solar charger with a Tesla battery, and a wind turbine backup generator!  Better keep a diesel one too, though, from the sounds of it.  (sarcasm, for you other lurkers)  Take care.

What i need is for them to finally resolve the "stem cell" process to regrow heart muscle.   They could then regrow the dead parts of my heart,  or grow me a new heart,  and i could stop being a cyborg.   

But,  the science isn't there yet.    Every time they try to "grow" a new heart with stem cells,  the stem cells go haywire,  and "add bone,  skin,  and other body tissues" into the new "heart" as well.

Frankly,  i am tired of dying.   Extremely painfully being brought back.

Were it not for the joy of seeing my Grand Children,  i would just go.

28 minutes ago, Illurion said:

What i need is for them to finally resolve the "stem cell" process to regrow heart muscle.   They could then regrow the dead parts of my heart,  or grow me a new heart,  and i could stop being a cyborg.   

But,  the science isn't there yet.    Every time they try to "grow" a new heart with stem cells,  the stem cells go haywire,  and "add bone,  skin,  and other body tissues" into the new "heart" as well.

Frankly,  i am tired of dying.   Extremely painfully being brought back.

Were it not for the joy of seeing my Grand Children,  i would just go.

Interesting.  The government should do more with stem cell research and tech, but the religious zealots keep getting in the way.  Jesus Saves!  HE loves us all!  But don't mess around and save a person's life or see to it that someone might walk again, etc, etc. etc.  Give any politician or religious zealot a child that can't walk unless they use stem cells, and they change their tune, and quick.  Hypocrites and false moralists, one and all.

On 11/18/2018 at 1:21 PM, Dan Warnick said:

Who sets the price of gas across the country?  In Illinois the price is down about 7-9 cents a gallon since a year ago.  Illinois does have a lower normal average price compared to many other states, but if Donald was looking to get the price to the voter down, I'd call it a failure as far as perception goes.  People DO know how much it costs to fill up the tank, and it hasn't changed by more than a couple of $$ over the year.  Again, who sets the gas prices?  It seems that they raise it immediately, electronically, when oil goes up, but it rarely goes down much when oil drops.  What gives?

https://gasprices.aaa.com/

On 11/18/2018 at 3:49 AM, Illurion said:

Back in January 2018,  gasoline was $2.01 per gallon,  and has since risen to $2.79 here in North Florida.   However,  due to the current price collapse,  it is now down to $2.21 per gallon today,  11/17/2018.

President Trump said he "DID THIS" the other day in his press conference.

I wonder if will drop back to $2.01 by January 2019.

If memory serves,  gasoline was $1.78 per gallon when Bush left office,  and later reached $4.25 under Obama.

It is not trump but Narendra Modi who is bringing down price. Until Indian elections in April 2019, the price will stay low because of this:

https://twitter.com/amishra77/status/1070659487676227584